Chapter Four

Song: This is Gospel (acoustic)  Artist: Panic! at the Disco

The titans raced back to the Tower in record speed, eager to hear what the demon, Adyn, had to say: he had refused to explain anything to them until they were in a secure environment. After a quick conformation from the resident witch that it was okay, they left the mall (after ensuring that no civilians were injured, of course). Their haste was so much that they didn't even take Starfire's too-small car, opting to just run (or fly) back as it would save time in traffic.

However, as they neared the Tower, a call came in on their comms...a call from Batman. He hadn't made any contact with the titans since a few months before the betrayal of Tara, so it was a surprise that he would be speaking to them now.  Curiosity turned to shock as he spoke.

"Titans, is everyone alright and accounted for?", he demanded.

"Y-yes.", Kori stammered, startled at his abrupt tone. "Why?"

Batman sighed in what could be taken for relief, "It's the tower, Starfire, it has been hit."

The titans all froze. Questions running through their heads. Why was it attacked? Who did it? Does it have nything to do with prior events?

Ever the level-headed hero, Damian put forwards, "What is the severity of the damage?"

Again, Bruce exhaled, "Destoryed. Completely razed to the ground. We thi-"

He was cut of buy two desperate voices.

"Jon, are you alright?! What is going on?! Where are you?"

"Donna, where are you?! Please, Hera, please."

On the other end of the link, Superman and Wonderwoman were on the verge of panic attacks, one worrying for his son, the other for her little sister. When Superboy and Wondegirl responded, tons were lifted of their backs. The leaguers with them in the Hall of Justice cold feel the atmosphere cooling down as they relaxed.

"Thank Zeus.", Diana breathed, drawing Clarke in to a lengthy hug.

Meanwhile, Damian had his brow furrowed, attempting to make sense of the emptiness inside of him.

*****

Rubble.

That's all that was left.

A colossal pile of rock. The only thing left from years of memories. Of despair. Of heartbreak. And of happiness.

Only rubble.

Eyes brimming with unshed tears, Kori leant down, picking a small remnant of the Tower form the ground. She pressed it to her lips, attempting to suppress the anguish bubbling over inside. Unable to contain it, Koriand'r collapsed on to her knees, head bent, shaking with silent tears.

Jaime, Garfield and Donna knelt besides her, arms wrapped around each other. Each sharing in the sorrow. Head bowed. United.

Yet interiorly, Gar was crushed under that rubble. It was too much. All this loss. First Tara, no this. He couldn't take it. Couldn't take anymore of this. Though he may have worn a brave, positive face in front of the others, Beastboy was broken. Terra broke him. And he couldn't be fixed.

Raven was all to aware. The pains of being an empath were too great. Being submerged in another's guilt and hurt was just as bad, if not worse than facing your own. And having to deal with both. It was unbearable. The demon-girl tried to keep the water at bay "she did, she did try!) but a stray tear escaped.

Trailing a wet line down her pale cheek. Then another fell. And within moments, a waterfall of depression was cascading down her face. Mixing with the rain that had begun to pour. It cried so much, so heavily, so truthfully.