Chapter Twenty-four

"The humanoid...", Damian began, looking for an introduction, "they make up the majority of the preternatural on Earth."

"Yeah, but what are they?"

Barely resisting the urge to slam Tim's head in to the wall, Damian clenched his jaw, "I was getting on to that.

"The humanoid often appear exteriorly akin to humans- hence the name- but hold some form of power or enhanced skill. Humanoid beings possess the same, or higher intellectual aptitude as humans."

Adan added, "Regarding visible differences, the humanoid sometimes have different teeth and nails- mostly common with 'dark' creatures-,", he smirked at the term 'dark', "but the main differences are usually down to skin, hair and eye colour, like us.", he gestured towards himself, Raven and Damian.

Barry scratched his head, "Uh, how is Robin not human-looking?"

Bruce perked up at the mention of Damian, interested to know as much as he could about the true nature of his son.

Running a hand errantly through his hair, Damian said, "Only my eyes are inherited from my mo-the maternal side,", he corrected himself, ignoring the pang of longing on his chest, "hence, the difference lies there.
"My eye colour is not one found in humans, although there is the colour green, this shade is exclusive to the realm of Hell."

To their bemused expressions, Raven stepped in, "The stark contrast in tone from a dark jade to near chartreuse is particular to Hell. As a matter of fact, only to the northern region once ruled by your,", her eyes shot to Damian's, "ancestors. I can only account to seeing one other pair like it in my entire life."

Realising what she had confessed, Raven shut her lips tight. Damian knew who the other pair of eyes belonged to, he knew all too well, but know wasn't the time to open that Pandora's box of not-so-secrets.

Standing besides Damian's father, Clarke nodded his head encouragingly, indicating that Robin should continue where he was. Meeting Superman's gaze, which was warm with paternal affection, Damian lifted the corners of his lips in a half-smile.

Before he could resume his explanation, Donna asked, "So, just what are you?"

Realising how that question sounded, she corrected, "No-I didn't mean like that!", at this the Wondergirl received many chuckles from most of the Leaguers. "I was asking-um- if Adyn is a full demon, I'm an Amazon, Raven is half-demon, so what does that make you?"

Red faced by the end, Donna was perfectly happy to hide behind Jaime's shoulder, knowing fully well that she had botched the question.

All too aware of the inquisitive eyes on him, Damian was sure to keep an unaffected air. Never let it be said that the son of Batman would allow his discomfort to be shown.

Not wanting to acknowledge Raven's concerned aura, Damian answered, "As you know, The ancestors from my moth- maternal side,", he corrected again, "are from Hell, which would make me a half demon."

Bruce's eyes widened, shooting to the girl besides his son in shock. But Damian hadn't finished.

"Yet, due to the thousands of years on Earth, the demonic powers of the future generations decreased- not too severely for my bloodline, only for those that frequently mixed demon with human blood. Since there are only, if the records are correct, four accounts of inter-species partnerships throughout those thousands of years, my lineage is the purest of any part demon. In simpler terms, I have the same status as a half-demon, but with less power in terms of magic."