Chapter 21: Undercover

Elizabeth P.O.V
Dean wakes me up at 5:30am. "I hate school" I mumble out loud as I slowly zombie walk to the bathroom. I take a shower, curl my hair, throw on a pair of ripped light blue jeans with a my chemical romance shirt on and a pair of basic converse. I throw on some lip gloss and mascara then I am ready to leave. "You need to eat first" dean says. He throws me a breakfast bar and a bottle of orange juice. Thought the though of food made me nauseous I still ate a couple of bites of the granola that then through it away when dean wasn't paying attention. "Ready to go" he asks. "As really as I will ever be" I say. We get to the school and dean decides he wants to have a pep talk before I leave and while we were waiting for lance and rick. "If you see anything weird or your gut feels off run away and call me or Sam. I will not be mad if it is a false alarm. Don't ever be alone and stick with lance as much as you can. "I know" I say. "Oh, and don't forget to eat lunch" he says. "I won't" I say as I see lance and Rick pull up. I get out of the car as lance walks towards us. "Ready to go" lance asked. "Yep" I say as I sling my backpack around my arm. I look back at dean and say "don't worry I will be safe, love you dad" then walk towards the front entrance. "I will send you a copy of my schedule so you know where I am at all times" lance says.

We go to the registers office and we get our schedules. "Most of your classes will be upstairs except your gym class" the lady said. "Ok, thank you mam" I say then walk away to my first period. I sent lance a picture of my schedule then walked into Spanish. Spanish goes by pretty fast considering I was in Spanish 4 at my old school. I walk to English and sit in the back. "You will need to purchase A tale of two cities" the teacher told me. The class was us working on a essay. 3rd period was world history and we just look lecture notes. My 4th period is gym and luckily there was a substitute so we didn't have to dress out, I just spent the entire time on my phone but I did hear two girls talking about the disappearance and how the girls were basically nobodies. After gym I had lunch so I met up with lance. "Have you found anything" I ask. "Only normal
School drama" he says. "You find anything" he asked. "The girls who were abducted were basically nobodies, they stayed quiet, did their work and went home" I explain. "I should tell dean" i say. "Don't worry about it" he says. "It's ok, I need to anyways" I say as I text him.

Dean: Are you ok?
Me: yes, I found out that the girls were invisible to everyone
Dean: ok, thanks, keep me informed
Me: ok I will text you later

"I told him" I tell lance. "Ok" he said seeming slightly annoyed. "Let's go look around the halls" I say. "Shouldn't you eat" lance says. "No I'm good" I say as we walk toward a back hallway. "Are you ok because I don't see you eating much" he asks "I just don't get hungry" I say as we check the hallway for EMF reading. "Well you dad wanted to make sure I gave you this" he said as he handed me a protein bar. "I will take it just to make sure you don't get your ass chewed out by him" I say as I grab the protein bar and stuff it in my backpack. "You should probably eat that, you need energy on hunts" lance said. "I don't see you eating" I say. "I eat snacks in classes all day" he says as we continue scanning the hallways. "Oh" I say. "Let's just focus on the hunt" I say. Then we continue scanning the halls.

After lunch I go to 5th period which is health and we just watched a video the entire time. My 6th period is chemistry and we just added chemical equations together. The 7th which is the last class of the day is geometry and we just used angles to find X. After the bell rang me and lance met up in the library and we decided we would continue looking through the school for and clues.

Me: I am alive
Dean: ok, have you found anything
Me: nope, me and lance are going to check the school for clues.
Dean: ok, be safe and if you find out anything tell me
Me: of course, I love you talk to you later

"Let's go" I say. We start at the bottom floor then go to the second floor. "What exactly are we looking for" I ask. "Nothing specific" lance says. "Why don't we go the abduction sites" I ask. "We will after we finish up on this floor" he says. "Why don't you get a head start" lance says. "Ok" I say then start walking away.

I walk out of the front doors and head to the back to the school. The sun was setting and it started to get dark. I head to the back dumpster to check the area.

Me: I am at the abduction sites
Dean: you are with lance right?
Me: no he told me to get a head start.
Dean: I told you to never be alone
Me: I'm fine, I can take care of myself
Dean: no you can't, go find lance
Me: no

I then see Deans name flash across my phone screen.
"What do you need" I ask "Elizabeth go find lance NOW" he says in a angry tone. "I don't need him" I say then hang up the phone. "UGH" I yell into the sky.

I then hear something behind the dumpster. I grab my knife out of my pocket and put myself into the fighting position like Sam taught me. I see a shadow and I go to investigate. I turn around to see lance staring at me then I saw a flash of blue light and everything went dark.

———————————————————————————hey guys. This is just a short update I have written because I have been so late with updates lately. Hope you guys are having a good week and I will talk to you this weekend when I update with the new chapter. Bye ❤️