Chapter 27: She's not dead

Elizabeth P.O.V

I take my glass of water and walk to my room. I turn on my tv the the news just to see what's happening in the cruel cruel world. I feed Olivia when I hear the name of my hometown mentioned by the news anchor. I stand in front of my Tv and see a picture of my old house. I stand in shock but keep watching. "The mother and daughter are still no where to be seen" says one of the news anchors. I drop my glass of water as they pop up pictures of me and my moms face.
Sam and dean come running and but I am still frozen. I can hear them calling my name but I just can't zone back into the real world. It takes a few seconds but I finally get control of my body. I turn my head to look at dean and with tears in my eyes I say "She has to be dead, I saw blood and drag marks". He just grabs my hand leads me away from the glass on the floor then says "Well then let's find her".

We all start packing to leave when I get a phone call from lance "hey babe are you ok" he asks. "Yea, I'm fine but I am about to go on a hunt with dean and sam" I say. "Where" he asks. "My home town" I say. "I can join you" he says. "I don't think that you should be there, I will be there looking for my mom and I will have my emotions running high and then I will be acting like a bitch and I don't want to be a bitch to you" I say. "Well that's what I signed up for" he says. "I will meet you there in a couple of days after I finish my case here in New York" he says. "Ok I am gonna go so I can finish packing" I say. "Ok be safe" he says. "Will do" I say then hang up.

We are on the road and all I can think about is what my mom would've been through all this time, and how horrible of a daughter I am for not looking for her. "Did you hear me kid" dean says as I come back to the real world. "Yea, sorry" I say. "I just was asking if you wanted to get something to eat" he asks. "No thank you" I say.

It is about noon when we stop for gas. Sam gets me a protein bar and a coffee. "Eat this" he says and before I had time to accept or reject he ripped open the bar and handed it to me. I ate the protein bar and drank some of the coffee. I fell asleep after that so I don't really remember he rest of the trip. When I woke up it was 5:00 in the afternoon and it was pouring down rain. We were pulling into a motel and dean checked in. I could recognize this hotel, we drove past it a couple times on the way to the beach.

After settling in I started doing lots of research on my moms case. I could hear the rain ponding on the window but I didn't care. It was horrible as brutal seeing crime scene photos but I knew it was going to help find her. "It looks like she was dragged out to the back porch and then through the grass" I say. "I don't think you should be looking at your moms case" dean says. "Why not" I ask slightly annoyed. "Because it is your mom and emotions will be running high" dean says. "I can control my emotions" I say, "Sam back me up" I say. "Sorry Elizabeth but I'm on deans side, it's safer for you" Sam says. "Unbelievable, you don't trust me" I say to both of them. "It's not that we don't trust you" Sam says. "I just don't want you running into anything without thinking about it" dean says. "Why would I do that" I ask. "Maybe because it's you mom and you would do anything to safe her" Sam says as a loud crack of thunder was heard . "So now both of you are ganging up on me" I say. "That's not what we're doing" Sam says. "Well It sure seems like it" I say while walking towards the door. I open the door and run out. I run towards the street. "ELIZEBETH COME BACK HERE" dean yells but I just keep running.

I was soaking wet but luckily I had a 20$ bill in my pocket so I went to a coffee shop. Luckily about these untraceable phones is their water proof. When I look at my phone I see that dean and Sam had both called me and left me messages. I ignore them and drink my coffee and I call Lance.

"Hello" he says, "hi" I say. "I was just about to call you to tell you that I am about 20 minutes outside of town I finished my case sooner then I thought, what up" he asks. "so I kinda ran away from Sam and Dean so I am in a small cafe soaking wet" I say. "Which cafe" he says. "The one on Beechnut and Harland" i say. "I will be there as soon as I can" he says then hangs up.