Chapter 34: Lance and Elizebeth (part 2)

Lance P.O.V
After realizing what happened I sprint to the water and start swimming as fast as I can. I reach the middle of the lake where she was hit and she was no where to be found. I look all around me and then realized she could've been knocked unconscious so I swan to the bottom of the lake. Unfortunately it was dark and about a 10 feet depth. I swam around and looked for as long as I could. After no luck I hoped I could go find someone to help so I swam back to shore. I am about to run to get a lifeguard when I see Elizabeth walking back from the truck.
"Oh my god" I say as I run to her and grab her into a hug. "Baby" I say as I hug her. "What happened" I ask as I let her go. "Well I almost got hit by that boat but then I swam under it last minute and walked back to our spot." She explains. "I thought you drowned" I say. "Nope" she says. "Let's leave, I have had enough of this lake for one day" I say. We pack up everything and go back to the hotel room.

Elizabeth P.O.V
We get back to the hotel room and decide to go to a Italian food place for dinner. I take a shower then use the hotel blow dryer then wrapped toilet paper around it so it would be curly when I took the toilet paper out of my hair. Then I put on the dress that I got which was red and tight. I put on red lipstick and mascara then took my hair out and it was actually pretty curled considering I used toilet paper.

I step out of the bathroom, "I'm ready" I say to lance. He looks up from his phone and just stares at me. "Too much" I ask. "Not at all" he says and grabs my hand. "Let's go" he says then we go to his truck. "I read that this place was fancy" I say to lance as he is driving. "It is" he says. "Well this should be fun" I say. "Yes it should" lance says then continues to drive.

After a 15 minute drive we reach the restaurant at 7:00. Lance opens the door for me then we go into the restaurant. "How many" the waiter asks. "Just 2" lance says then we are lead to a booth and given a menu. "What can I get for you to drink" the waiter asks. "Water" I say, "coke" lance says. "Coming right up" the waiter says then walks away. We both look at the menu and then we are brought bread sticks and our drinks. "Thank you" I say as the waiter gives us the bread and drinks then he walks away. Me and lance dive into the breadsticks almost immediately. "What are you gonna order" I ask lance. "Probably chicken parmesan, what about you" he says. "Fettuccine Alfredo" I say. We talk a little and order our food when the waiter comes back.

"So what are you plans when you get back" lance asks me. "I plan to find my mom and I am hoping this break will help give my mind a chance to chill before I get back into working" I say. "What will you do once you find your mom" lance asks. "I don't know, I think that it will be a very hard decision but whatever happens, happens." I say then take a sip of my water. "What do you want to do tomorrow" lance asks. "Whatever you want, I don't care" I say. "Ok, I will figure something out" he says. Then our waiter gives us our food. "Refill" He asks us. "Yes please" I say then he pours more water into my cup from a glass pitcher. "Thank you" I say, "your welcome" the waiter says then asks "are you ready to order", and me and lance both say "yes" . "I would like the Chicken Parmesan" lance says, "and I would like the Fettuccine Alfredo" I say. "Coming right up" the waiter says then walks towards the kitchen.

After a 20 minute wait we get our food and every second was worth it. My Fettuccine Alfredo had an amazing homemade cream sauce and was sprinkled with fresh parsley and Parmesan. "Thank you" I say as the waiter sets down my food on front of me. After giving me and lance our food the waiter walks away and leaves us to eating our food.

We eat our food then order dessert, we get chocolate cake to share. "So what have you been doing when we're not talking" I ask lance. "Well I have been working cases in the area and then I will look into your moms case to see if I can find anything" he says. "Well thank you" I say to lance, "no need to thank me" lance says as he takes a bite of his Chicken Parmesan. We continue to talk about random things until we finish our food, "do you wanna order chocolate cake" lance asks. "Of course I do" I say back to him. We order the chocolate cake and our waiter brings it to us and we both dig in. "So what do you want to talk about" lance asks. "I don't know, why don't we just start asking each other random questions" I say. "Ok, what is your favorite snack" he asks. "Popcorn" I respond. "That's reasonable lance says. "Well what is your favorite place" I ask. "There is a spot in the woods in Kentucky has a beautiful waterfall and it is a very peaceful place" Lance says, "that sounds beautiful" I say. "It is very" lance says. We continue asking each other questions until we finish the chocolate cake. Lance pays for dinner and we go back to the hotel.