Chapter 22

-DAKOTA'S P.O.V-

    I'm just a worried daughter. That's all. Really worried. I don't mean to make it seem like I'm going overboard but I really just want her safe.
"Am I over doing it?"
"A little."
"Would you do the same for me?"
"Yes. In a heartbeat."
"Then how am I over doing it?"
     She sighs. "You just are, babe. Your mom needs rest too. And that means you need to back off a little."
"You just said you'd act the same if it was me. How am I still going too far? I just want her to eat and keep her in bed."
    She pulls me close to her. "I know. You have the best intentions. But maybe we shouldn't really bother unless her or Emma asks."
     I sigh. "Maybe. I won't force breakfast. I'll just give her a plate, if she eats, she eats."
"Right."
"I feel so bad for her. She's literally went through hell. And was a point where she was weak. Now she's weak again. It must remind her of her time in her cage. To be at a loss of power and body strength must be difficult."
"She doesn't seem like she's one for petty. So. Don't feel sorry for her. This is the best for her and your baby brother."
"I just worry."
"You have a big heart. I don't expect anything less."
     I feel bad for mom. I can see the pain in her eyes, no matter how hard she tries to hide it. And I can also see the sadness.
    I fully understand. Where she had come from to now. The only difference is who is causing the pain.
    Guess I should back off a little. It's been a week. I'm just trying to help, I guess I'm a little too annoying.
"What's wrong?"
"Huh?"
"Talk to me. You got silent."
"Oh. No. Just thinking. I don't mean to be annoying. It's just that I want to help. I want to help."
"No. I know. Valerie knows. You're both the hero. You're both wanting to help. Trust me, I think she knows it's all for good reason."
"I hope."
    Honestly, I still haven't felt normal since mom had her power loss surge. I still feel a little drained. And my stomach is constantly aching. I think it's sympathy pain for mom. Finnley is still acting odd too.
    Charley cups my cheeks and kisses my forehead. "You have a massive heart, baby."
"I try."
"And you wear it on your sleeve. Just leave your mom to rest for a bit."
"I know. I know. I know. I knooowww."
    She wraps her arms around me. I enjoy the warmth she gives. I love it all so much.
"What would I do without you?"
"What do you mean?"
"Exactly what I said. What would I do without you? My life would be so incomplete. I wouldn't be happy. I wouldn't have love like I do. And I do. I do love you."
"I love you too. If it wasn't for you, I'd probably still be lonely. Or dead."
"No, no. I honestly believe you'd be alright."
"I don't think I belonged as human. For some odd reason, I felt more me as an angel than I ever did as a human."
"I love you. But humans are rude. So rude. I remember when I was really little. Sometimes mom and ma would take me out to eat. The people would always stare because you could obviously tell I was both my parents kid."
"Don't worry. I hate humans too. They are rude. Never found true friends because this." She points downward to her boxers.
"I love it."
"Sometimes I wonder if you actually mean that."
"I..I do? I mean.. am I suppose to not like it?"
"Not what I meant. I mean if you wonder if I'd be better as a girl."
"You are perfect to me. Just the way you are. I'm pretty sure I'd love you if you were actually full female or just as it. Looks don't matter to me."
"That's good. Cause I don't think I could ever live without you."
    I lightly kiss her lips. "I wouldn't leave. You're perfect to me."
    She pulls me closer. Her lips lightly brushing mine. "You're my perfect wife."
    I take her lips in mine. Claiming forever. Her hands roam.
    I take my chance and straddle her hips. The kiss continues, slowly and very heated. I throb to the feeling of her grow under me.
    I slide my hand into her boxers and begin massaging her. She lightly moans into the kiss. And grows fully to my hand movements.
    A loud knock on the door makes me jump.
"Heeey. Mom need help." Emma yells.
"Sh..Shit." Charley sighs heavily. "I..I can't leave the room."
"I'm going to die. I am going to die. The one time I want my wife during the time I'm not worried, I'm not screwed in the right way."
"All of that sounded so wrong."
    I lean down and bite into her neck. Slightly growling. "I want you so bad."
"We can later."
"Will you be okay?"
"I'll manage."
"I'm sorry. I love you. I'm sorry."
"I love you too. But you should change your panties and maybe put pants on."
"Oh. Right. Right. Okay."
    I climb off of her. Getting dressed quickly. I'm dying. I am literally dying.
    I'm throbbing so intensely and I can't. I have to help my mom. Which is awkward to be turned on while around someone who isn't my wife.
    Walking into the bathroom, I wash my hands quickly. And then out of the room. Emma grabs my hand as soon as I enter the hallway, the reason I washed my hands.
"What's going on in here?"
"Okay. Diapers. I need diapers. And wipes. He had a bad accident and I had to clean it up. Like ran all down his leg."
"Oh fu.." I stop myself. "That's gross. So glad you told me that."
    The throbs die instantly. My baby brother is a cockblock. Just like Finnley.
    I give what is requested. She sighs heavily and tosses everything in the trash can by the table.
"Thank you, babygirl. I'm sorry I needed help."
"Mom, it's okay. It's what we are here for."
"Where's Charley?"
    I almost choke. My brain stops working. I don't know what to say.
"She's.. resting."
    Okay, brain. Not a lie but not detailed truth.
"We are an open family, right? Like we all know what that is, how it works and whatnot. I know it's awkward to speak about it. But. Like. You are so guilt faced right now, babygirl." She laughs to me.
"Okay. Mom. Listen. I love you. But I reeeaaally don't want this conversation. And. I'm sorry. But noooo."
"Just as awkward about it as me. Understood. Thanks for the help though. And the little laugh."
   I cover my face and teleport to my room. Charley's hands pry mine from my face.
"What's wrong? Is your mom going to murderlize me?"
"Noooo. She just knew though. It was awkward. And bad. Even she said. And she was like saying I have a guilt face. I DON'T MEAN TOOO."
    Charley laughs. "You're so adorable. I'm still terrified I'm going to die."
"No. She said she understands."
    She sighs to me. I want to pull her close but the awkwardness cockblocking me a lot. I want her but I can't stop thinking about what just happened.
"You don't look in the mood anymore."
"I'm not. I'm sorry."
"It's okay. I'm just gunna be in pain for a tad bit."
"I could help you. I just can't really get in that mood."
"I don't want you to if you're not into it."
"It's fine." I push her back on the bed. "I can take care of you."
"I..I.. okay. I'd just need your hands."
    I laugh lightly. "You got it."
     I pleasure her. Unable to gain the turn on that I had. But pleasuring her is always fun.
"I wish I could have pleasured you."
"I seriously am cockblocked. I'm sorry. But if you heard what I heard, you'd probably die."
"You are way too good for me."
"Did you just compliment my hands?"
"Your lips do wonders too."
    I don't know how but I blush heavily. This woman has got me. 5 years and I'm blushing.
"You're adorable flustered."
"Nooo.."
"I love you so much. I really do."
     Her hand caresses my cheek. I lean into her warm touch. "You're so beautiful, D."
"I try."
"That's a lie. You never put on makeup or anything."
    ...Am..I suppose to?
"Is that what you want?"
"No. You're flawless natural."
    I feel slightly better. Sometimes I wonder if I'm good enough. But it's been 5 years. I guess if she's was to leave, she could have already.
"I don't like when you get silent."
"Why?"
"Because you overthink. And then it gets negative. About us mainly."
"I'm sorry. It's fine. Just sometimes wonder if I'm good enough. If I fulfill your needs."
"You do. Trust me. You do."
    She pulls me closer. "Trust me. You're perfect. You're absolutely perfect."
     I lean in and lightly kiss her lips. She pulls me back into the kiss. Leaving us both in smiling.
"I love you."
"I love you too."
"Will you go on a date with me?"
"Yeah. But that was totally random."
"I know. I just.. I felt like saying it. Asking."
"Always a yes."