Chapter 57

-VALERIE'S P.O.V-

    I try my best to make her happy. So. Roses. Chocolate. Candles.
"What is all this?"
"I want you, okay? And you won't let me."
"So.. this is like a bribe?"
"Babe. Yes."
"No."
"Why?"
"I literally broke you like 3 days ago. Too soon."
"Babe..."
"Please, Valerie.."
    The raw fear in her voice makes my heart burst. I pull her into my arms and into a tight hold.
"Why are you so scared, my love?"
"I don't want to hurt you. I can't. I.."
"My love... You won't."
"You don't know that."
     I figured this out.. after taking her panic feelings away.. that if I got hurt, very rare for me to ever get harmed.. It meant she had to have been using magic. Or something was magic.
    Emma punched her. And hurt her. She had to have used great magic to do that. So my thinking is that Ninfa held the same type of situation.
    Somehow.. magically.. I got hurt. In other words, our sex is magical. Which ...sounds pretty awesome if you think about it. So in a way, I am proud.. Because true love was so magical that it gave the possibility of harm.
    That could sound either good or bad. And being that someone would use it against you. Good as in its strong enough to over come just about anything and everything. Including multiple protection guards.
"You went quiet.. have I upset you?"
"Oh. No, love. Thinking."
"I feel like I upset you."
     I take a deep breath. Kissing her forehead and giving her my thoughts. The silence is long but she never leaves my arms. Even though I can feel her confusion.
"Just my thinking." I break the silence. "It would make sense. Up to you to see as good or bad."
"It's an iffy thing."
"Look. I understand that you're scared. That you don't want to. Or maybe it's actually that you don't want me. That's fine. I can't read you. Ever since.. I just see sadness. Worry. Sorrow. You thought I didn't want you but here I am. Wanting you for the second time today and you won't. I wanted you this morning but you wouldn't even let me touch you. Not like the other day."
    She pulls away from me completely. Not even looking at me.
"Is this cause I scared you?"
     No response... is.. is she seriously.. done? I didn't.. and... And she's done......
     My heart.. is breaking. I thought.. I thought things were okay... I tried to make things okay..
    I wave my hand and take out all the candles. The room going dark. I climb into bed without a word. This is.. a place I belong, right? Right?
      I disconnect our minds so she can't read me as well. As I hide my broken heart.
     If she was looking to actually break me.. I think she did it. And now I see it. True love being a bad thing.. Because they're the only ones who can crush you. The only ones you let in your defensive walls.
     Though sick to my stomach. Broken as hell. I cry myself to sleep. With no noise as I break down.

    It's been a day. A full day since she has spoken to me. Or even looked at me. I don't know.. what I did.. I don't know what I did.
"Wow.. You look terrible."
"Oh. Thanks bro."
"Something wrong?"
"Nope."
"Liar."
"I don't want to talk about it. There's nothing to be done. I don't know what I did wrong. Just know it's gotta be bad enough."
"For?"
"Ninfa to ignore me. In every way possible. She even slept on the couch."
"Oh shiz."
"I don't want to get into it. I have to work."
"Why are you here?"
"Who else provides shit to the schools? Or people in general?"
"You. Finn."
"And this school isn't in his territory. So. Yeah. I'm doing my job."
"But you're so upset. I can see it."
"Why do you insist on prying? Just leave it alone."
"First she hurts you sexually. Now she's crushed your heart."
     An anger takes over. Sekia to his throat in a split second.
"You think I fear you? You're my sis. My gay lover. And I'll always be there for you. You being angry at this isn't my doing. You just know I'm right."
"Not your gay lover."
"Always worth a try."
     I sigh and holster Sekia. "Just drop it. It doesn't matter. Obviously I did something to deserve this. Maybe living. I don't know."
"Don't be like that."
"I got to go."
    I finish summoning the school supplies and leave. He's right. She broke my dick. And then my heart. And I don't know why. But I guess I deserve it. For whatever I did.
    The day is long. And blurry. About halfway through I find that my energy gains a limited bar. Seriously not the time for my emotions to be doing this.
    But the day ends. And I'm more drained than I have been in a very long time. Weakened.. to.. Maybe a human state.
     I teleport home. Only to fall against the bed. Through blurry eyes I see her sleeping. Peacefully.
    She hasn't slept in the bed for a night.. So she's probably more comfortable than on the couch. Walking sluggishly I crawl on the couch. Passing out immediately.