Chapter 38

-DAKOTA'S P.O.V-

    I think the idea is good. I mean. I'm pregnant. And.. it still is weird to say I'm pregnant.
"We do need to talk about this."
"I know, CC. But the gaaammee. Don't trash it."
    She grenades a hide out and gets five kills. "Not trashing, babe."
"You got skiilllz."
"Yeah. No. Watch your left. They're mad."
"They're right below us. So." I do a shotgun drop. 6 kills in 10 seconds and not got hit once.
"Damn, D."
"Also, sniper on the hill."
"Oh. I got this."
"Sticky?"
"Yep."
    She tosses a sticky grenade. It lands on the head of the sniper. How the fuck did she throw it so far? What the..
"Did you cheat?"
"No."
"That's a lie. You couldn't have made that throw from here to there."
"Uh. Maybe. We going to win."
"I see the last guy. I'm going in."
"You have no ammo."
"I'M GOING INNNN."
     I charge into the house. He camps into the corner like a bitchbaby. No ammo, no melee weapons... one option.
"TICK TICK TICK...BOOOOM."
"Where did you get the suicide vest?"
"The grenades you dropped me. Plus he was camping. So. I mean. I'm epic."
    She shakes her head, laughing at me. "I love you."
"I love you too."
     She pulls me into her arms. "Let's talk about your parents."
"I want ice cream. And cheesecake."
"But we have to talk."
"I want ice cream. And cheesecake."
"So summon?"
"I would love some ice cream and cheesecake."
"Hm. Can't I just summon cheesecake ice cream?"
"YES. YES. DO THAT."
"You turned your 4 year old sister."
"I was there before she was."
"Fine."
    She summons what I ask for. Only cause I'm lazy and don't want to do it on my own.. And she wants me to limit power.
    I eat the ice cream. Waiting for her to speak her mind.
"What do you think about it?"
    The spoon halfway into my mouth... foodblocked. I've been foodblocked.
     I take the bite anyway. She waits. Of course. But her stares.. are.. actually making me a little shy. This woman had magical wonders that drive me crazy.
"You foodblocker."
"D..."
"I think it's a good idea. It's going to be weird not living with them though."
"Or you could build a bridge in the houses? Connect them. Still live together technically."
"We could do that. It sounds nice."
"What's wrong?"
"Nothing.."
"Dakota.."
"I want to eat my ice cream."
"Can I have a bite?"
"Noooo."
"Please?"
    I sigh and give her a spoonful. "Evil. Make me feed you when I can't eat it."
"But yet. I have a feeling that that isn't what is all wrong."
     She is right. As usual. I guess it's a lot harder to hide my feelings from one who knows every single thing about me.
"Uh.." I take more bites of ice cream... trying to find out how to word my problem.
    It's not really a problem. It's not. It's not.
    I love my children. Even if it has been only a week since we've found.. I've found.. out.. But I already love them. So. It's not a problem. It's just..
    It is hard to explain. Even in my own mind.
"D?"
"Mm?"
"You've been scraping the bottom of the cup for like a minute straight. There's nothing left. And I'm sorry. If you don't want to talk about it, I won't push. I'm just worried."
"Noo. No. It's just really hard to explain, Charley. Trying to word it in my own mind is crazy enough as it is."
    She takes the ice cream cup away and pulls me back into her arms. I nuzzle into the warmth of her neck.
"Talk to me? Please. Talk to me."
"I don't know. It's weird. It's just weird. I KNOW I'm pregnant. I KNOW I am. But.. it doesn't seem real."
"It is real though?"
"I know. I know. It's just one of those things that takes you by surprise and then you're confused on what the fuck is going on and then it's all messed up. I feel normal. I feel like me. I don't feel pregnant. But.. They're with me. And when I listen, it's not just your heartbeat I hear."
"I'm sorry. I'm sorry.."
"Why are you apologizing?"
"Because. You don't seem like you want this. No matter how hard you try."
"Oh. No. I want this, CC. I do. I didn't think it would be so early but I did and do want this. It's just weird to think I'd be a parent. That I'm going to be. And weird to be and say that I am pregnant when I'm still in shock of how."
"I stand by whatever your choice is. If you don't think we are ready, I will stand by your choice."
    My stomach aches to the thought. Or just in general. Hurts really.. really..
     I dart to the bathroom before releasing everything I ate and the ice cream. Tears burn my eyes and run hot down my cheeks.
    Her hands gently put my hair up. "I'm here.. not much but I'll catch you if you fall."
     Everything. Everything. My stomach emptied everything within 3.. maybe 4 toilet flushes.
    I fall back on Charley. In her arms. Tears still flowing... I hate this feeling. I hate puking. I hate it.
"Let's get you to bed."
    Pushing myself up again. I give more to the toilet. Though it's not.. It's not food.
"I'm going to get your mom."
"N..No.."
"YES."
    She blinks. But is literally back in a second with mom.
"Babygirl.. what's happening?"
     Before I can speak.. well.. something else comes from my mouth. The taste of iron mixes with everything. Blood thick...
"She ate ice cream. Was fine. Then.."
    Mom wipes the sweat and tears from my cheeks and brow before cleaning off my lips. There's a long moment of silence and I can see her using godseye on me. Which is weird. But helpful.
"The babies are okay. You will be okay. Just.. Don't eat ice cream again. One of them doesn't like it."
"I puked blood though?"
"The baby is strong and magical. You have doubt that it won't physically push that out? You did the same sometimes when Ninfa would summon vs actual food."
"So she's okay? And our babies?"
"Yeah. Though you do need some rest, Dakota."
     I shortly nod. Weariness taking hold. Damn me...
     Mom leaving and me falling back against Charley is all I have to remember. I fall asleep. Or pass out.