Chapter 11

-FINNLEY'S P.O.V-

    OH. FUCK.
"Uh. Mom."
"What's up, buddy?"
"MOM.." I nearly scream.
    I'm running for my life. From a one legged rooster. I'm running so fast, using super speed but this bastard won't leave me alone.
"Seriously, buddy? Why?"
"HELP ME." I almost trip over the rocky road.
    The rooster bites and latches onto my butt cheek. I yelp to it. The bastard.
"Get off of me you little bitch." I grab its neck. His beak stabbing into my butt.
    Mom is in laughter. I rip it from my butt. I can feel a breeze along with blood going down my boxers.
"I'm going to turn you into a chicken, make you into nuggets, you asshole."
"When did my son become a sailor mouth?"
"When I had a rooster trying to tear my balls off."
    Mom just laughs at me. Pure laughing. I mean. I'm glad she's not shaken up anymore.
     I chuck the rooster into the pin. "Evil dick."
"Here, ma wants me to do less work. So. You do more work. Help me stock this store. Then we gotta do the bar and a few other places."
"Got it. What do we need exactly?"
    She hands me a list. I summon several thing and she does the same. Yesterday was fine. Day before yesterday was tragic with the gauze thing. And today is a rooster.
    How does this woman do with without going insane? Because she's mom. She's epic.
"Ready to call it quits and head home?"
"Yeah."
    I'm ready to go home. Be with my boyfriend. Just ready for Zack to hold me from this hell. And change my pants and boxers. And ask if my ass is okay cause that's normal.
   She teleports us home. Just as ma, Dakota and Charley come home too.
"He got bit in the butt by a rooster." Mom says.
"Hey. He was evil."
"He had one leg, Finnley."
"He had one leg?" Dakota asks. "Dude. That's epic. You a puss.."
    Charley covers Dakota's mouth. "Your sister is right there."
"She's asleep." Dakota moves her hand.
"I don't care. Don't curse in front of her, asleep or not."
    I find myself in laughter. Charley beats Dakota's ass before she beats mine. It makes my life easier when Dakota finds something to pester me with.
    Honestly. I love my sister. I love my sister to death. She's just as much of my hero as moms are.
"Is Zack home?"
"Nah. He's in the after school class with Joel." Ma says.
"Oh. Here I come home to be with him and he isn't here."
    Dakota ruffles my hair. "You're deadly in love man."
"I know. Stop messing with my hair."
    She ruffles it again. I slap her arm away.
"I'm going to the school. See if uncle Joel needs help."
"See you at dinner, buddy."
"Thanks, mom."
"Change your pants first. You have a really pale a..butt and it's weird." Dakota says with an obvious cringe.
"Oh. Right."
    I run upstairs and change my pants real quick. Along with the blood that trailed all the way down to my ankle. That rooster was evil, I swear. I summon chickens and roosters and I get bit in the ass. Yay.
    After cleaning up and changing, I teleport to school. A place I was so glad to leave. But now I go back.
"Hey, what are you doing here?"
"I got home and you weren't there."
"I don't know if I am coming over tonight. I got my pets to take care of, babe."
    He kisses my cheek and pulls me to his side. I lay my head on his shoulder. I wish he'd move in already. But he says that he can't because of pets. But mom and ma said he could and could even bring his lizard and doggo and his hamsters. And Misty said she'd be nice, along with all the other animals in the house already.
    But.. he just hasn't yet. So it's like every other night that he actually stays with me. Even though some of his things are already there.
"What's on your mind, love?" He says and pokes my temple.
    I laugh lightly. "Nothing other than you. Always you."
"Hey. Finn. Come here. Help me with this." Uncle Joel waves me over.
    I walk over to him. His experiment. One I loved to do.
"Alright, guys. We know Finnley. Don't we?" He speaks to the class.
"Yeah."
"Alright, Finnley. Show them your light."
    I grin as I display my light. My own dragon. The class goes in awe to my dragon flying around the room.
"Alright. Zack, come over here."
    Zack stands on the other side of uncle Joel. I know what this is going to do. But I honestly don't really see darkness in his eyes when I look into them. I see light.
"Show the class your dark." Uncle Joel says to Zack.
    Zack's darkness appears. His happens to be a dragon too, a little different than mine. Our auras fly around each other like yinyang signs.
"You guys are meant to be." A kid blurts out.
    I find it cute. I know he's my true love, even if he won't move in. There are things I do want, possibly marriage, maybe kids. But I don't know if Zack is that type of man. Even though we've been together roughly 5 years, on top of our friendship since 6 years old.
"You guys have auras like these. Dark and light. The only thing you have to do is find it. And once you do, and master it, it's like having a pet. Without responsibilities."
"Just don't be like Emma. For some reason hers is a pug, even though no one has ever shown her a pug."
"Yeah. That girl has some weird gifts." Uncle Joel says.
"Don't we all?" I wink.
    He laughs. "Alright, guys. Read the instructions and try on your own. Your light or dark can be anything you wish them to."
"What is yours, Mr. Joel?"
    Uncle Joel waves his hand and his darkness appears. His is a rather large wolf. Which makes somewhat sense being that his morph animal is a snowleapord like Leo.
"Oh cool. I want mine to be like yours." A few of the kids agree with them.
    I sit on one of the desks and watch as the kids try and gather their power in one place to show it to the world. One of the kids does it.
"I did it!" He yells. "Wait. Why isn't it big like yours?" He looks confused at the little puppy on his desk.
"Your aura grows as you do. He or she will become big and strong as you grow up."
"Oh." Several kids in the class say.
"Alright, guys. Practise at home. Practise makes perfect. Class dismissed."
   I take Zack's hand. "Let's go home."
"Yeah."
    I teleport us home. To my room. Bypassing all the drama Dakota could stir. Zack flops onto the bed and I join him. He instantly takes me into his arms.
"So. I got attacked by a rooster today."
"What? Really? Babe, that's terrible." He laughs as he speaks.
"He had one leg. Was chasing me. I even used super speed."
"You poor thing." He laughs out.
"He bit my ass. Tore into my skin and all. It hurt bad."
"Terrible." He continues in laughter.
"You know, I'm being serious and telling my day while you laugh at me."
"I know. I know. I'm sorry, love. I'm sorry." He tries to stop laughing. It takes him a few minutes and then he does stop.
"Babe. You're an ass." I try and get up but he tightens his grip on me.
"Stay with me, baby. Stay."
"You should stay. You're the one leaving me."
"Just for a night."
"Why don't you move in?"
    He goes quiet. I sigh and give up. "Let's play games until you decide to leave."
"Mm. No. I got something else I wanna do."
"And that would be?"
"I think you know."
"Oh?"
    I don't want to tell him I'm not in the mood. But at the same time.. I'm iffy. I hate the fact that he just sleeps with me and leaves. I know it's not because he does one night stands.. it's just.. I don't like it.
"But you don't want to." He sighs.
"It's not like that, Zack. I love you and I love how we make love. It's just sad that you leave after."
"I try to leave after you fall asleep. Just depends on how tired I get and I still have to take care of my pets."
"If you move in, we could both take care of your pets. I would love to feed the Drago treats."
    He goes silent again. I feel terrible. A tear drop falls but he doesn't see because I'm facing the other way.
    I sigh and get out of his embrace. "I need a drink. Had a long day. Had my ass bit by a rooster. Can't sleep in jeans. Need a drink."
"What kind of drink?"
"Just a drink. Water I suppose. Maybe milk. I don't know."
    I walk over to the kitchen part of my room. Grabbing a few things from the fridge. One being Devil Spirit.
"We playing games since you don't want to do other things?"
"Yeah."
    I mix the Devil Spirit with flavored water and head back over to the bed. He turns on the tv's and game systems. The rest of the night is filled with video games until he leaves.
    It's odd to feel depressed. But I do. A lot. When he is away.
    Slightly buzzed, I make my way downstairs for something to eat.
"Does mom know you drink?" Dakota asks. Either with concern or taunt. I can't fucking tell.
"More than likely. She's god and satan. She's not stupid. She knows instantly when I lie. But I honestly don't care."
"What's going on?"
"It's Zack. He just won't move in. I hate it. He has no reason not to. He could and I'd help him with his pets. But every time I mention it, He shuts down."
"Maybe you're too clingy."
"Maybe? But he's the one that always clings on to me. In public, it's him holding me. Like I'm property in public. And when we get to sexual stuff and he says he's gotta leave after.. I hate it."
"Yeah. I've been there. Charley would do the same. But she had a reason behind it. I can't see a reason for him though. Maybe it's a full commitment thing."
"Be patient." Mom says from behind me.
"I am patient. I have been for like 3 years. He makes no moves. It's cuddles, sexual, video games, barely any I love yous and silence when I ask about him moving in."
    Mom and Dakota cringe at the word sexual. Dakota has cringed three times today now. But. I'm livid buzzed, I don't even care.
"I could read him for you. Though I really, really hate to do that."
"No, mom. You shouldn't. You had morning sickness from stress. Plus, I've tried and can't."
"Wait, you had morning sickness, mom?" Dakota asks quickly.
"Yeah. I'm fine. Anyway." Mom turns back to me. "Be patient."
"I am patient. It's stupid."
"You're not being patient right now, Finn. And drinking while being upset isn't the best idea." Mom says.
    I sigh. "I want some foodies. Then gunna pass out."
"Nice plan. I remember getting trashed before I met your mother."
"Woah. Really?"
"Yeah. Then when she'd get pissed off at a mission she'd drink too." Ma says.
"Yeah. I'm sure Cody has some stories. In the end, I had good reasons."
   I sigh. "Foodies. Bed. Work tomorrow."
"Got it. Pizza?"
"Totally."
    Ma summons food and I eat it greedily. After I get to my room, I get a nice text.
'I love you, Finnley.' -Zack.
'Yeah. I love you too.'
'Are you mad at me?' -Zack.
'Nah. Confused cause I drank but nah.'
'Going to sleep. I'll see you tomorrow, love. I love you, babe.' -Zack.
    I sigh.
'Yeah. Night.'
    I love him. It hurts to be away. I don't think he feels the same though.
   Does he love me? Does he feel the same? And if so, what's next?