Karasuma Sensei | Coming Out

This is a trans!male reader. (B/N) means birth name. Also, self harm is mentioned.
Have fun :)

"(B/N)-chan!", Karasuma yelled over the whole training space.

Sighing you looked up from doing push-ups like everyone else.

"You'll be staying after this lesson is over, alright?"

You just nodded, the girls giggled.

"(B/N)-chan, you're so lucky!"

You could only smile weakly, you're not '(B/N)-chan', you're (Y/N)-kun. And you're a boy. But since you made bad experiences with telling people exactly that... you tried to avoid it. You had other methods to cope with everything.
Many scars on your thighs and arms were witnesses of your 'coping methods'. You actually wondered how Koro Sensei hadn't noticed yet. Well maybe he did, but just didn't think it was worth to address.

-----

"That's it for today, you can leave now", Karasuma Sensei dismissed the class.

The others left the practice range, wishing you good luck and stuff like that. Some of the other boys were winking, probably thinking of some messed up stuff.

Karasuma motioned you to join him on the stairs. After a silent minute he began to speak softly.

"(B/N)-chan-", you squinted your eyes and grimaced, hearing your birth name made you feel so uncomfortable. "- I noticed... you seem very quiet lately. You always wear long sleeved shirts, even when it's 30 degrees Celsius outside. I... I just wanted to check on you. I'm worried, you know? I need all of my students at their best, if we want to defeat Koro Sensei."

You knew he had shifted, facing you now, but you just stared blankly forwards into the forest. Over the time he taught you, you had learned to like him and knowing he worried about you, touched your heart.
For weeks you just lived by convincing yourself that you were alright, but if he noticed how bad you actually were...

You laughed bitterly, could barely see through the tears that were welling up in your eyes.
You forced yourself to look at him, his expression was concerned and somewhat understanding.

Without hesitation he pulled you into his chest, you couldn't help it anymore and just let the tears silently flow.

"Shhshh. (B/N)-chan, it's alright..."

Between sniffles you managed to say, "(Y/N)-kun."

"Hm? What's that? What do you mean?"

"M-my name. It's (Y/N). I", you took a deep breath, "I'm a boy."

Both of you now stared at the woods in front of you, but he still had one arm around your shoulders, your head still on his chest.

"(Y/N)-kun. (Y/N) (L/N). I like that", smiling he looked down at you. "Sounds more like you.
Maybe... maybe this is the right time to confess something, as well. Maybe it'll make you feel a bit better. That you're not alone. I, well, I like men." He sighed, like he waited years to finally tell someone.

It clicked in your head, that's why he always rejected Bitch-sensei...
You fiddled with your fingers, watching the birds fly. Barely noticeable you grinned. He actually trusted you with that. Coming out to you.

"(Y/N)-kun, there is one more thing. Can I?"
You just nodded, you knew he'd never judge you.

Karasuma rolled your sleeves up, only to reveal scars. Words you carved into your own skin.

One was really prominent, 'FREAK', in deep red letters stretched over your forearm.

"Who... who did this to you?", he whispered.

When you didn't answer him, he raised his voice a bit and asked again.

"Hey, look at me. Who did this to you?!"

"... I did", you whispered.

"But... (Y/N)... this is fresh."

A single tear rolled down your cheek, Karasuma wiped it away with his sleeve and sighed.
It surprised you how well he handled that whole situation. You never took him for the sympathetic type. Nor the guy to sit next to a crying student and comfort him- successfully. 

"I'm sorry..."
He was right, with you in his class- how were you ever going to be any help with Koro Sensei?

He cautiously ruffled through your hair.

"Please come to me if you're ever close to hurting yourself again. I'll think of something to distract you, okay? And if you don't wanna talk to me, Koro will always help you, if you ask him. Alright? We'll tell the others to call you (Y/N). I'm sure they'll support you."

Smiling you nodded. It felt good to talk to someone. In the end it was going to be okay, you were sure of it.