Soldier 76 | Soothing

After a month of secretly dating, Jack's finally convinced you to tell the others about it. For a long time you didn't want them to know at all costs, but soon enough it started nagging on you as well.
You understood why Jack wanted everyone to know. He wanted to be able to touch you in public, he already did, but he always had to hide it. And he hated that. He was sick of hiding, he wanted to love you whenever he wanted, not just behind locked doors.

You loved him more than anything and you wanted the world to know. You wanted to scream it from Lijian Tower and let everyone know that you were Jack's and he was yours.

One thing kept you from telling, not even that it was a gay relationship, but the huge age gap between you two. You were only a few years older than Hana, which made you the second youngest Overwatch member. You didn't care about Jack's age, you loved him. But others probably will, you were scared of their reactions. You wouldn't be able to stand their judgmental looks. Their disgust. But Jack was right, it was time to stop hiding and stand up for yourselves.

-------

Jack made the team stay a bit longer after the briefing was done, standing up and taking your hand into his.

"We'd like to announce something very important... (Y/N) and I are together", he simply stated and waited for everyone's reaction.

You couldn't even look into their faces, for some reason you felt unbelievably ashamed for loving the soldier.

It was dead silent, exept for a few gasps and 'oh's. No one said anything, Jack was still standing and looking everyone in the eye.
He gently squeezed your hand, assuring you it'd be okay.

After a minute of awkward silence, Tracer cleared her throat, "First of all, I don't think any of us has a problem with you two being together... you know what you're doing so... congratulations, loves!"

A few clapped, others just looked at you or hummed in agreement. Some stayed silent, you felt their stares on your skin, burning through your skull. It seemed like they could read your thoughts, know how scared and ashamed you were. Which you shouldn't, you knew that, but you couldn't help it.

"Thank you. Now get back to your work. Dismissed", Jack pulled you up and left the room with you.
You were pretty sure that in the meeting room everyone was discussing the news now. Some defending you, some probably didn't care, but you were sure that some were really disgusted by it. Reaper didn't look too happy about the news... you didn't get along with him since your first day.

All you wanted was to get into your bed and pull the covers over your head, so you walked quickly through the HQ, dragging Jack behind you.

-----

You went to bed without eating anything, rolling over and pulling the covers up to your chin.

He was about to say something, you could feel it, but you interrupted him, "Please just hold me." Jack obeyed immediately and wrapped his arms tightly but carefully around you. Lethargic you fell asleep, laying stiffly in Jack's arms.

Your feeling told you, that it wasn't that late yet, when you woke up again. For some reason you just couldn't handle your feelings and thoughts. You couldn't help the tears slipping down your face. Angrily you tried to wipe them away, but it was no use.

Jack laid on his back, listening to you crying quietly. Soon he couldn't bear it anymore, hearing you cry made his heart ache, so he gently put his big hand on your shoulder. Instinctively you turned around, cuddling into his chest.
Softly the soldier put his arms around you, just holding you until you were comfortable enough to speak.

Wiping your eyes again you said bitterly, "Guess I'm not that brave after all."

Jack immediately pulled you tighter against himself, "You did amazing today, baby."

You smiled barely noticable and pecked him on his lips, laying your head on his broad, naked chest.
"We can finally quit hiding, because you were so brave today. I'm so lucky to have you, my soldier-boy", he still held you in his big arms, rubbing softly over your shoulder.

Jack's touch was incredibly calming, so you stopped crying soon.
You looked up at him and traced his scars with your thumb. Quickly he leaned in and started kissing you. Your hand rested on his neck, his arms were still tightly wrapped around your body.

He closed his eyes, hiding his beautiful blue eyes. Whenever one of you pulled away, the other pushed into the kiss, leaving you two constantly moving. His right hand started to trail down your body, pushing your t-shirt up, revealing your skin.

His rough hand continued to rub over your left side, whilst his tongue has worked it's way into your mouth.
After only a few minutes Jack pulled away and hugged you tightly, "go to sleep now, little soldier-boy", and kissed you on your forehead.

You simply nodded, obeying him without questioning or complaining, "I love you, Jack."

"I love you, too."