Spock | Exhaustion

You have days like this one quite often. Days that cause you to run out of power. You're just too tired to do anything. Especially as the Captain of the Enterprise.
Having the responsibility of hundreds of lives weighing on your shoulders.
They all rely on you, in a danger situation all of them would die, if you were to call the wrong shots.

You're almost the whole day on the bridge, barely sleeping, having too much work to do. You loved your job, after all you worked and studied hard for it, but sometimes it just got too much.

It's these days when you're especially grateful for Spock. He's willing to take over the bridge and do your work on top of his, just so you can get sleep and get your strength back.

At the end of his shift he comes into your quarters. The sound of the doors usually wake you up from your light sleep.
He knows how much you enjoy the sight of him in his black uniform undershirt, so before he joins you in the bed, he gets rid of his blue shirt.

You're grateful for his understanding, that all you want to do on those days is sit there in silence, being held by him. Due to the T'hy'la bond you two share, he seems to sense exactly what you need, and that is simply him. Nothing else. Just his presence seems to work wonders, as well as his tight hugs.

In these moments of silence, you don't have to worry about anything. His familiar scent makes you feel immediately safe and protected. You can allow yourself to focus on Spock, and not on your duties.
You allow yourself to forget. Forget that you're millions of kilometres away from home, warping through space. All that matters to you is Spock holding you in his arms and planting soft kisses on your head once in a while.

"I don't think I thank you enough, love. Without you I wouldn't be able to do what I love. I don't know what I would do without you", you softly took Spock's hand, curling every finger but your index and middle finger. Spock did the same motion and let you carefully connect your fingers.
Smiling you looked up at your blushing T'hy'la. You loved it, when you were the reason of the light green spreading over his cheeks.

Spock leaned down, to fulfill a human kiss. Before his lips touched yours, he whispered, "It is my duty to help you whenever I can, Ashayam."

"I ashaya du nuh', T'hy'la", you replied before pecking his lips again.

You, of course, didn't miss Spock grinning at your pronunciation, but he did his best to hide his amusement. He actually thought it was quite cute when you tried to speak Vulcan.

"What do you think of a game of chess, Ashaya?", he suggested.

As you lost the last few matches, you were immediately up for a revenge.

"Oh, don't think you can beat me this time either, (Y/N). I'm having a good day today", he was even getting better at jokes and sarcasm -and you loved it.