Oliver Queen | Forgiving

*Kinda season five spoilers? Maybe? Dunno. You've been warned*

After an exhausting mission everyone went home to get some rest. Exept Oliver, he quickly disappeared after everyone left.

You stayed in the bunker, running some tests on a new algorithm you developed. It turned out nothing seemed to work that night, so you decided to work out instead.
As you let your fists fly on a dummy, you heard the elevator door slide open.

Panting you glanced over, wondering who came down here at 3 am.
It was Oliver, still in his Hood.
He didn't even have to say a word, you immediately knew something was wrong.

His eyes were on the floor, his shoulders hung and the grip on his bow was loosened.

"Oliver... what happened", you were almost certain that you didn't even want to know.

When he looked at you, your heart ached.
Tears were on the edge of dripping down his cheeks. His eyes were filled with terror, fear and disgust.

"(Y/N), I-", his voice cracked and gave up on him. Oliver dropped his head again.
Quickly you walked over to him.

Still not looking at you he spoke softly, "I didn't expect you to still be down here. I'm sorry."

"Hey... there's no need to be sorry. Wanna tell me what happened?", you asked cautiously.

He sniffled. "Ahem... I think... no, I know... he tricked me. He set him up and he knew I was gonna kill him. He gave him a weapon and duct taped his mouth. He had the mask on, I couldn't have known. He tricked me... I- I killed (best friends name). (Y/N)..."

You raised your hand, signing him to stop talking.
Slowly you began to process what Oliver just rambled. Your best friend. Is. Dead.
Tears clouded your vision. Anger clouded your judgement.

"I am so sorry, (Y/N). Prometheus was right. I only bring pain and harm to the people I love and care about. I think you should go away from me. The farthest possible. D-don't come near me, I'm not good for you... I'm not good for anyone..."

Again, you interrupted his rambling.

"No. No, this wasn't your fault. This was Prometheus. And he's gonna pay for that", you made a promise to you and Oliver, "I'll do everything to stop him, and if I have to kill him with my own hands."

"But..."

"No, Ollie. I am where I'm supposed to be. You're now stuck with this team. With me", you hugged him, letting Oliver wrap his arms around you.
He dropped his bow and pressed his face into the crook of your neck.

"It's gonna be okay, Oliver. I promise", both of you sniffeled.
"Alright. Enough chick flick. Want a drink?", you asked him grinning weakly. You for sure would need one. More than one. This son of a bitch killed your best friend. There was no chance he would get away with that. But for now you needed to drown your feelings and push them away. You didn't want to deal with that shit right now.

"Yeah... I could use one right now", he chuckled.

You poured yourself and Oliver a drink. After a few hours you started to play Playstation until the rest of the team came to the bunker, around noon.
Even though both of you were a giggling mess, and there was a strong smell of alcohol in the air, no one asked stupid questions.