Misha Collins | Childhood Heroes

*he talked about that once at a con... I hope you enjoy:)*

--------------------

You sat on your bed, reading a Sherlock Holmes novel, as you heard a dish shatter downstairs.
Out of habit you shouted,
"Everything alright down there?"

You didn't get an answer right away, so you got up grunting. Man, you hated to leave this comfy bed. It feels like you're wrapped in hugs.

Seeing Misha crouching down on the floor, you forgot about the stupid bed.
He had his knees pressed to his chest and arms wrapped around them. Next to him, a shattered cup. You believed his hand was bleeding, but more importantly, he was crying.
Quickly you ran over to him and hugged him.
He immediately curled into your arms and sobbed.
Soothingly you rubbed his back and rocked him lightly.

After a few minutes of you just holding him and whispering sweet nothings to him, he calmed down, at least enough to get him on the couch and hand him some tissues.

"Do you wanna tell me what happened?", you asked cautiously.

First he shook his head 'no', but then he just started to talk, sometimes interrupting himself with sobs.

"I know I haven't told you much about my childhood, yet. At least not that detailed. But you remember the man who runned the radio station?"

"The one who took you under his wing and teached you and your brother father-stuff in his workshop?"

He smiled sadly, "Yeah.. that one... I- he... I don't know... he was kinda like a father, no, grandfather? to me. He... God, he gave us Christmas presents... he took us to restaurants we never would've even dreamt of getting in... he... he meant so much to me", he broke down crying again.

You pulled Misha into your arms again, wondering if you were any help at all.

"He sounds like a very lovely man...", you tried to comfort him a bit.

"He was..."

"He... was?", you hoped this didn't mean what you thought it meant.

You felt Misha take a deep breath, with a shaky voice he told you, "I just got a phone call... he passed away this morning."

"Oh God... I'm so sorry, Mish", you tightened your grip around him and kissed his forehead.

"I wish I had visited him more often...", his voice was literally dripping with sadness.

"We'll pay him one last visit, together. Or we could visit him more often now, if you want to", you suggested, "I think he's still with you."

With puffy eyes Misha looked up at you and nodded, a small smile playing around his lips.

Pretty much the rest of the day you spent holding him, calming him down if he suddenly started crying again, as memories came up from the earlier days.