The Mandalorian | The Fridge

honestly, by now i've just sold my soul to mando x child!reader dynamics

-----------------------------------

"What's that?", Mando asked, sounding genuinely interested.

Too shy to say anything you just held out the paper in front of you, nudging it closer to him to show you wanted him to take it.

"For me?", his tone had gone soft. You loved it when you could still hear the different emotions he went through, even with his modulated helmet-voice.
You nodded and thrust the paper into his direction again, wanting him to just take it already before you got too insecure to show it to him.

Gingerly he plucked the paper from you and with his ever showing kindness didn't comment on how you were shaking just ever so slightly.
For a moment he just studied it, sitting in his pilot seat, completely still.
Nervously you picked at your shirt sleeves which you had drawn far past your hands.

"That's the Crest isn't it?
And there's Grogu... you and me?"
He sounded choked up. Was it that ugly? You'd tried so hard to draw the three of you in the Crest, because you finally found a place that felt safe.

Anxiously you nodded, "Just wanted to draw home...", you mumbled quietly, trying your best to drown into your shirt.

"Home", Din echoed weakly.

Then Din seemed to snap out of it, finally noticed you were still shifting and glancing around nervously.
"I love it, (Y/N). Come here", he scooted back on the seat and opened his arms.

Almost instantly you were settled on his lap, cradled in his arms.
You felt Din shifting behind you, squirming to get his arm up to his neck so he could lift off the helmet.
"Thank you", he sounded so broken, it made your heart simultaneously grow double its size and shatter into thousands of pieces.

Din pressed his face close to the back of your head, almost nuzzling your hair.
For a moment you just basked in the closeness, his obvious gratitude to your gift. It had been stupid to think Din wouldn't like it. He adored everything you gave him, even if it was just a rock you found on some new planet that he'd landed you on.

Then Din started speaking quietly again:
"You know. Back when I was a kid my parents used to hang my drawings up on the fridge. What do you think? You can choose some of your favourites and we'll put them up along with that one, hm?"

Turning around, cuddling close to his chest you nodded eagerly, accidentally bumping his chin with your head, making him laugh.
"Good idea, then?", he chuckled.

"Yes! The best!", you agreed cheerily, almost feeling overwhelmed by the sudden rush of too many happy and giddy emotions at once.

"Do you... do you think Grogu wants to draw something for the fridge as well?", you asked hesitantly.

Din smiled down at you, softness radiating from him in rays, like the sun.
"Why don't you go and ask him?", he prompted and grinned as you scrambled to get off his lap as quickly as possible to search for Grogu.