Dean Winchester | Freezing

It was absolutely freezing.
Freezing to the point where you had to wear two socks in bed and were afraid to move, because the bed was only warm in the spot you were laying in, turning over meant freeze to death.
Freezing to the point where your breath was literally visible inside the room.

Dean hurried over from the small kitchenette, carrying two steaming cups. Smoothely he placed them on the nightstand, letting the tea steep.

Shivering he pulled up the covers that you had dragged up to your chin and quickly got underneath them, next to you.

His clothes felt cold, but you knew it'd get better soon, especially when you two cuddled close. Still you couldn't help the cold shiver traveling up your spine.

"I made you your favorite", Dean snuggled closer, snaking his arms around your waist and pulling you tighter against his body.

"Thank you", you smiled and pressed your face into the crook of his neck. It was weird how all you needed to feel giddy was his familiar smell. It made you feel inexplicably safe and at home.

"It's the least I can do for you today. You deserve so much more, baby", he kissed your hair.

"First of all, this isn't your fault. It's just a shitty motel. Plus Sammy's trying to fix that damn heater. Maybe we'll even get a better room. And secondly, I wouldn't have it any other way.
We got Scooby-Doo on the TV, my favorite tea and each other to cuddle. I don't need no fancy restaurants or jewlery. You know I don't even know how to use any of those damn extra forks 'n spoons.
I'll take motels like this and diners next to the Highways over everything else, if it means I get to be there with you", you got quieter and quieter with every sentence.

It's usually an unspoken thing between you two, you barely talk about your feelings.
The sex is great and all, but it's been clear for so long that this is so much more than that.
You felt Dean swallow, and because he didn't answer you glanced up at him, only to find him tearing up.

"No, no, don't... please, god no, none of that. You know I don't like it when you c-  oh man", quickly you wiped the one tear away that had slipped from his eye. And then another. And another.

You still had to learn so much about the Winchesters, but from his reaction alone it's easy to tell that there hadn't been many people to tell him stuff like that.
His life probably told him often enough it's impossible to love him, to the point where he started  believing it.

So you thought, to hell with it, and finally got it out there.

Tearing up yourself you croaked, "I love you, dumbass."

He barked out a wet, nervous laugh and squeezed you even tighter.
"I--. I love- love you, too", it visibly took him some willpower to say it out loud, but after his proud grin said everything.

You gave him a soft peck on the lips and settled in his arms again, finally feeling not cold anymore.
"Happy Valentines Day."

"Happy Valentines Day, (Y/N)." His breath hitched and he tried to hide it with a poorly timed cough.

Snuggled together this close you couldn't help but smile dumbly at his racing heartbeat.

----

i'm soft ;-;

would've been more fitting to post this on valentines day itself but oh well