Dean Winchester | Loss pt.2

-Dean's PoV-

As I finally came to my senses I grabbed the flashlight and ran outside, the cool air ruffling through my hair. I quickly teared the branches out of the way, there it was. His license plate. Finally. I chuckled relieved, he was here. I found him.

Panting I burst through the door. The employee looked at me confused, I tried my best to stay as quiet and calm as possible, "Where. Is. He.", I asked through clenched teeth.

Frightened he replied stuttering, "R-room 19, sir." With shaky hands he pointed me the direction, but I already took off.

I rushed through the narrow hallway, hectically taking glimpses at the room numbers. Finally I found 19 at the end of the building. Slithering I came to a halt, gripping the doorknob so I wouldn't trip.
I hammered on the door, no one opened. Breathing heavily I tried to open the door, it was locked. Was he? No!

"(Y/N)?" Nothing.

"(Y/N), damn it! Open the freakin' door! Now!", I kept banging at the door, not my problem if the other guests would wake up from that.

Frustrated I took a step back and kicked the door in. I was about to finally release all of the anger, rage, hate and sadness I bottled up over the past few weeks, but the second I saw (Y/N) laying there, I forgot everything and buckled, stumbling backwards until I hit a table.
He was pale, covered in sweat and I bet if he wasn't that weak he'd toss around, because he grimaced in pain and terror; he was having a fever dream.

I took a deep breath of the moldy air, he probably hadn't left the bed in days. Because it sure as hell smelled like it in here.

Slowly I approached him and shook his shoulder gently, "Hey. Hey, (Y/N). Come on, wake up. I'm here now. Everything's gonna be alright, okay?" I couldn't fight the tears that were on the edge of dripping down my face.

I shook him more desperately and he slowly opened his eyes, grunting.

"D-Dean?"

"Yeah, it's me. Take it easy, here drink something", I tried to give him the glass, but he just turned his head away. Sighing I put it down again.

-Third person PoV-

(Y/N) slapped himself internally. He should've tried harder. Dean wasn't supposed to see him in this state. He's gonna try to save (Y/N), but it's too late. He cannot be saved.

"Can you stand up? Come on, I'm gonna get you outta here, I promise."

(Y/N) wanted to laugh at Dean, but instead he ended up coughing blood. With his right hand he wiped the blood from his mouth and tiredly looked up at Dean.

"Can't you see it, Dean? I'm weak, I'm getting weaker every hour. I can feel it, Dean, I'm dying. Now go, that stuff on the table is fo-"

"(Y/N), no. I ain't having this conversation! You listen to me, you son of a bitch. You're not gonna die. Not on my watch, and not to fucking cancer. You're a fighter, (Y/N). Now fight this!", Dean was gripping the younger hunters' shoulders tightly and looked him directly into his eyes.

"Dean... I know this isn't easy, but there's nothing you can do. You just can't. A few weeks ago, the doctor said I only had little time left. There's no monster to stop, Dean. I've made peace with it a long time ago. And believe me, I fought. I fought so hard, but I wasn't strong enough, Dean. Maybe I deserve it."

Dean's grip loosened with every word he heard and dropped his head. Why was (Y/N) okay with clocking out?

"Just... give me a moment, I'll be back." With that he left (Y/N) and went into the bathroom to call Sam.