Can We Begin Again ?

Yuri slumped her body down on the ground looking at the condition of her office. She heaved a sigh and ran her fingers to her hair , forgetting that she had glass shards all over her arms . Her actions earned a painful groan from her. She looked at her arm, and laughed. She knew her daughter would have asked a lot of questions again. She can't say she ran into a glass wall right ? She would sound like Superman or Mr. Incredible walking through walls.

Jessica kept staring at Yuri , she knew Yuri was in pain both physically and emotionally. She wanted to run to Yuri and hug her and kiss her, but she was afraid of Yuri's reaction. She saw blood kept seeping out of her wounds , she was tempted to dress her wounds but knowing Yuri , the tan woman might throw another fit . She has to wait till Yuri calmed down and start a conversation with her. However she was taken aback when Yuri started laughing. It sounded hollow and sad unlike the Yuri she knew a few years back. Did Yuri changed that much since she left ?

Yuri suddenly turned her head towards Jessica , her head slightly tilted to her right side , she tucked her head under her chin. Jessica flinched under her intense stare.

" What do you want Miss Jung ? " her cold voice snapped Jessica back to reality .

" I just want to talk... "

" Really ? I have nothing to say to you. Please get out of my sight . "

" I want to see her..please."

" No"

"Yuri-ah..jebal" Jessica knelt down , her eyes leveled with Yuri's.

" Why do you come back ? ... must be fun out there right ? Being in a 'normal' relationship with a guy .. how is it like hmmph ? " Yuri asked

" I miss you , I miss Ji Ji , I miss what we have together..."

" What we used to have Miss Jung"

" Yuri-ah ... jebal"

" It's Miss Kwon now Miss Jung , I could never put my heart on the line for a woman like you ever again. I don't think I even have a heart now."

With that Yuri stood up and walked away from the crying Jessica.

" Jung Soo Yeon , I'll give you three days to reconsider what you want. If you have made your decision , come to me no matter what your decision is. " Yuri said coldly, she sounded just like the businesswoman that she is. Just as she was about to leave , Jessica reached out to her. She cocked one of her eyebrows up at the action.

"Let me at least treat your wounds first, it may get infected." Jessica held Yuri's hand and guide her back to the conference room. Tiffany had left the first aid kit there. She pushed Yuri down on one of the chairs.

"It's okay. I'll get it done by myself. I've done this numerous times." Yuri tried to pry the cottonswab away from Jessica. She don't want Jessica treating her wounds , she's afraid she might lose her stance and fall head over heels in love again.

Jessica's eyes blurred with tears as she tried to stop Yuri's hands from getting the cottonswab. She felt hurt that her good intentions seemed bad in Yuri's eyes.

" Let me , Yu- .. Miss Kwon. "

Jessica dipped the cotton swab into the disinfectant and dabed it over Yuri's wound before applying antiseptic cream and bandages. Yuri flinched a little but never muttered a word, she held her head high she was afraid of looking at Jessica's face so near to her. Suddenly she remembered her daughter.

"Ji Ji ah... aigoo where is she now ? "

" Yoona and Seohyun took her out. Tiffany told me they're taking her to the aquarium and the amusement park after that" Jessica answered.