I Promise You

Jessica just dropped off her daughter in ballet classes. She will come and pick the little girl up in another two hours time. In the meantime , she rushed to finish off her grocery shopping. She have a long day ahead today and she must be quick. Jessica quickly finished up her shopping and make a short trip home to put those groceries away.

While Yuri is still in the hospital recuperating, Jessica and her daughter have been staying in their old apartment , being neighbors again with Taeny. Their house is undergoing some renovation work , all due to Jessica's idea. She hated the idea of going back to the house and be reminded again of how her wife struggled to live and how close Yuri was to death.

She put away her groceries and start prepping to cook lunch while looking at the clock anxiously. She quickly made lunch and pack in multiple lunchboxes and she is off again to pick her daughter up from ballet. She thought today would be a smooth sailing day , but to her dismay. It is anything but smooth sailing. She reached the ballet academy to pick her daughter up , but to her horror , the little girl who was running towards Jessica accidentally tripped on her own foot and fell down. She cut her knees and hands , but what was most concerning to Jessica is the deep cut on her chin.

She quickly scooped her daughter up and rushed to the hospital. She violated a few traffic rules and reached the hospital in record time. The moment she parked her car , she scooped her wailing daughter up. One hand with the packed lunchboxes and her bag. The other arm , is her wailing daughter. She walked quickly into the ER and demanded the nurses and doctors in charge for Dr. Tiffany Hwang.

Tiffany was having her lunch call with her wife before she heard the announcements.

"DR. HWANG TO ER 2. DR . HWANG TO ER 2."

She grunted and gave her wife a flying kiss before hanging up and walked towards ER. She pulled the curtain away and was shocked to see her best friend holding her wailing daughter. There was blood under the little girl's chin.

"What happened?"

"Tripped on her own foot and fell chin first."

"Put her down on the table. Let me check her." The moment Jessica lay her daughter down on the examination table , Hailey started screaming. That action caused the wound in her chin to split even more. Jessica had no choice but to climb onto the examination table with her daughter in her arms.

"Okay , sweetie.Let Tiff emmo check your wounds okay?" Tiffany tried to calm the little girl down with a lollipop. Hailey calmed down a little when she heard Tiffany's familiar voice and the waving lollipop. She took the lollipop and allowed Tiffany to check on her.

"There seems to be no fractures or broken bones. She just had a scraped knee , a few bruises here and there. But what concerns me is her chin. It split open. I need to stitch it back up. I hope it's not that deep that I can use surgical glue to stick it back. But it seems to me , its too deep to patch it back with glue."

Jessica sighed, she held her daughter tighter against her.

"Tiffany , get some nurses in here. Someone needs to hold her. She's gonna thrash around when you administer the anesthetics."

Tiffany nodded and went out to retrieve some nurses. Jessica stroked her daughter's hair and whispered sweet nothings to her daughter.

"Ji Ji-ah, Tiff emmo will stop the pain okay. Later , when emmo comes in with the nurses , they will give you something to stop the pain. You have to be brave and strong later okay. After this we will go to umma." The little girl nod her head , but Jessica knew her daughter did not listen to her at all. She is still overcoming the pain and shock. Jessica leaned in and peck her daughter's head.