Chapter 2 - It's him

It had been around ten minutes into the class now.

Mr Kim, my music teacher, insisted we take time to fill in our sheets on which instruments we would like to use and practice on for our exam at the end of the school year.

I tap my thin pencil against the desk in concentration, I wasn't entirely sure which two instruments I should pick yet.

I let my eyes slowly wander over towards the boy next to me, studying his blank sheet.

I brace myself, working up as much courage as I could to speak to him.

"Hi my name's Jimin." I smile, placing my hand out towards the boy to shake. The brunette stares at me, before glancing briefly at my hand then back to the front of the class.

Well that wasn't rude at all.

I leisurely let my hand fall, "have you picked what instruments you're going to do? I'm not entirely sure which ones I should pick yet." I try to strike up a conversation with the boy but yet again he just ignores my presence as though I'm not there.

What the hell is wrong with this guy?

~*~

"Alright class, remember if you haven't picked your two choices yet. That's okay, but make sure you decide soon." Mr Kim announces while the school bell rings, letting the students know to move to their next classes.

I collect my bag, standing up but notice that the boy next to me still hadn't moved from his chair.

"Didn't you hear the bell? You're going to be late." I worried for the boy. But like before, he just ignores me. I sigh giving up,

Oh well I tried.

~*~

The rest of my classes went by fairly quick, a lot of the students were really nice and spoke to me.

I guess you become the hot topic when you're new. Everyone wants to know who you are before eventually letting it die down and you become like everyone else. My mind kept wandering back to the boy from my music class. I still have yet to find out what his first name is and it was starting to bother me.

I manage to find my way to the canteen where I spot Jungkook as he frantically waves his arms in the air like a manic causing nearby students to stare at him like he was on something.

"Jimin!" The taller boy exclaims, practically jumping on me. I laugh, shrugging him off of my body.

"Guy! This is Jimin, he's the new boy I met this morning. You know the cute one I was talking about?" Jungkook gestures towards the table.

Two boys who were both equally attractive smile at me.

"Hi I'm Jin." The boy with pretty pink hair says, he points to the cute blondie sitting next to him, "and this is Taehyung." 

The blondie glances up with hamster cheeks from taking a bite of his sandwich. He smiles at me politely.

Why is everyone I've met so far good looking in this school?!

"Hi." I shyly wave, Jungkook pulls me down so that I'm sitting beside him. They ask me questions like 'why did you move here?'

'are you enjoying the school so far?'

'anyone peaked your interest yet?'

That last question puzzled me a little when Jin asked, my mind instantly resorts back to the brunette boy from my music class.

Why am I thinking about him?

The conversation then falls casual as the boys talk about their weekend and such. I just sat there quietly, enjoying the fact that they were so nice and fun to be around.

I let my eyes scan the large lunch room, students chattering away at their tables, the various scents of food could be smelt in the air.

I smile,

I think I'm gonna like it here.

"Hey." A boy I hadn't recognised came up to the table, "have you seen Yoongi anywhere?" The bright orange haired boy asks.

"Sorry Hoseok, we haven't seen him anywhere." Jin shrugs, going back to eating his food.

Hoseok huffs, running a hand through his locks as he bites on his lower lip, trying to think where the boy he was looking for could be.

"Alright. Well if you see him, let him know I'm looking for him." The boys nod and with that he leaves.

"Who was that?" I question,

"Oh that's Hoseok. He's quite popular around here." Taehyung explains.

"Is he your friend?"

Taehyung's face changes slightly into a painful expression before regaining himself, "Well...we all used to be a lot closer...but we grew apart a year ago. We still talk but we never hang out and we honestly only speak really when passing each other in the hall."

"Oh."  I feel bad, like I was preying too much into something that I shouldn't so I change the subject.

"So...guess who has gym last period today." I laugh making the rest of them groan.

"Don't remind us." Jin cries out before shovelling a spoonful of yogurt into his mouth.

~*~

"Come on ladies look alive!" Our couch barks throughout the boys changing room. I was thankful enough that Jungkook gave me a spare pair of grey sweatpants and a large white tee since I didn't bring gym clothes with me.

The clothes were a little big on me since I was a lot smaller than him but nonetheless I tied the sweatpants so they wouldn't fall down and humiliate me on my first day.

Jin and Taehyung were also in this class, they had already headed outside to the track area.

"You almost done?" Jungkook asks while I place my bag in one of the empty lockers. I nod, "yeah just give me a minute."

"Alright, I'll wait outside for you then." Jungkook points his thumb behind him, towards the door.

"Okay."

He heads out leaving me alone in the locker room.

Or so I thought.

A sound like something had been dropped, echoes the room making me jump on the spot as I finally lock my locker. Curiosity got the better of me as I inch around the side of a block of lockers, getting closer to where the noise erupted from.

The first thing I notice is a bag lying across the floor,

That must've been the noise.

I thought to myself, glancing up I feel my eyebrows rise with shock.
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
It was him.
.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
The boy from my music class.