Chapter 10 - That was intense

"I'm literally gonna kill you myself if you don't stop doing this." Hoseok mutters now fully on top of Yoongi.

I sense an odd twitch in my stomach while watching them. I wasn't sure what it was,

Maybe I'm just hungry?

"Get off me, you're fat." Yoongi wheezes trying to push the taller boy off of him. Hoseok's eyes land on me and he instantly stands, coming a little closer to where I was.

"Thank you so much Jimin. I don't know what could've happened to that idiot behind me if you weren't here." He smiles brightly at me. I feel awkward so I stare down at my shoes, twirling them into the ground while nodding my head in response.

"And you." He spins around on his heels at Yoongi who has now gotten up from the ground, "Are in so much trouble, now hurry up and get your ass in the car."

Yoongi groans before heading off with Hoseok closely behind him.

"Thanks again Jimin, I'll see you tomorrow at school." Hoseok waves while Yoongi glances around him to stare at me before walking off leaving me all alone.

That was intense.

~*~

I scroll through my phone as I wander further down the hallway.

Yesterday was severely stressful, I mean I stopped someone from killing themselves. Not very many people can turn around and say that.

Once I was safely home, I fell straight into bed from emotional exhaustion but my mind wouldn't stop overthinking if Yoongi was safe enough and that he hadn't sneaked out during the night.

"Wow! look at you." Jin chuckles, walking beside me. He pokes under my left eye, "You have really bad eye bags."

I swat his hand away, irritation seeping through my veins.

"I'm fine."

Jin simply shrugs as Jungkook and Taehyung join us.

"JIMIN!!!! GUESS WHAT!!" Jungkook giggles, hopping up and down while holding onto my sleeves.

"What?" I raise an eyebrow, masking my smile that wanted to escape at how cute he looks.

He pouts, "you're supposed to guess."

"Alright umm..." I trail off thinking of what it could be,

"You've finally lost your mind and they're locking you away?"

"Everyone finally found out you suck dick." Jin intervenes while continuing to look through his phone. I stiff a giggle as Jungkook glares at him,

"No. And definitely no! I've finally decided what to do for my project." My eyes light up with excitement,

"Oh, tell me!"

"No."

I stick my lower lip out at the taller boy, "why?" I whine.

"It's a secret, you'll just have to wait and see." He winks at me before we heading off for our first class.

~*~

3rd period;

English.

Mr Kang decided today would be a self study period in the library where we could pick out a book for our upcoming essay. My fingers skim against the spines of each individual book while I glide slowly past a bookshelf, trying to find something interesting enough to read and write my report on.

I gently pull out a book, flicking through the pages,

"Hi." a breathy voice whispers next to my ear.

I squeal, whacking the figure behind me with the book in my hand.

"Ow Jimin! Stop!"

"What's going on? What's wrong?" Mr Kang comes rushing round the corner looking at both me and the boy who decided it would be funny to frighten me.

"Sorry Sir, I scared Jimin. I didn't realise he would scream so loud." Hoseok apologises. Mr Kang nods, telling us not to do it again before heading off to check on the rest of the class.

"I'm sorry I frightened you Jimin." Hoseok scratches the back of his neck. I stood there emotionlessly till I could no longer hold it in anymore, I bend back laughing hard but trying to muffle it so we wouldn't get into trouble again.

Hoseok grins at me, happy that I wasn't mad.

"So how is Yoongi doing?" I ask, glancing away from him and towards the bookshelf again, hiding the small blush that was crawling up my neck.

"He's okay. I tried to force him to stay in bed and rest today but he managed to convince me into letting him come to school."

"Oh."

I finally find a book, taking it over towards a nearby desk, Hoseok follows.

"So I was wondering how come you moved here?" Hoseok leans his head against his hand while it lay propped up against the table, his full attention pinned on me. I shuffle in my seat a little uncomfortable, running a hand through my hair while I place my book down on the table.

"My mom was offered a promotion so we decided to move closer to her new job."

"You're family must've been really happy about that." Hoseok smiles, I however feel my face falter a little, remembering the awful fight my parents had before moving here.

"...Yeah. We were really happy for her." I cough looking away. Hoseok catches onto my strange behaviour but decides not to press on since he could see it was a touchy subject.

"So do you have any siblings?" He asks, now flicking through his own book that he brought along with him. I shake my head,

"No, just me." I laugh,

"Lucky you." he mumbles in a sarcastic yet amusing tone. I was about to ask him the same question when Mr Kang came back around, glancing at his students. Instantly I shut up making sure to not get caught talking since we already caused enough trouble earlier.

~*~

"Well see you later Jimin." Hoseok waves while he takes a step to walk off to his 4th period class. The bell had just rung and Mr Kang dismissed us to leave.

"Wait!" I grab onto his hand which has now turned into a fist because of my suddenness. He glances at my hand on his before looking at me.

"Umm..." I let go putting my hands behind my back, feeling embarrassed that I touched him, probably annoying him and invading his personal space.

"I was wondering if you would like to sit with me for lunch?"

Hoseok seemed taken back before he smiles at me, "I would love that. God you're so cute!" He pinches my cheeks as they heated up from his compliment.

"Anyway I really gotta get to class. I'll see you at lunch." And with that he leaves.

Great. Now I just have to ask Yoongi to join us for lunch to get to know him better.

I skip to my music class feeling extra excited that I would get to see Yoongi today. As I edge closer to the door I feel the bubbly butterflies flutter around in my stomach,

Why am I so excited?

I open the door to find...