Chapter 15 - Sweet melodies

"Alright class today I will allow you to go off and work in pairs in some of the practice rooms." Mr Kim announces.

It was Monday morning and honestly I wasn't feeling up to being here. After the argument on Saturday, I spend all of Sunday with my mom as she sobbed every ounce of tears out of her body. I tried to cheer her up by putting on her favourite sappy movies, buying lots of takeout food and ice cream so she could bury her emotions in it.

My head lay against the desk while I shift in and out of consciousness. I hadn't been able to sleep since Saturday, worried that my mom might hurt herself if I don't keep an eye on her.

Yoongi was in class today as he pushes his fringe out of his eyes while glancing over at me before back at our teacher.

"I will partner you up with someone who is doing a similar instrument as you, so you can help each other out."

"Now let's see..." Mr Kim begins calling names out, matching them with another. Before long I hear Yoongi's name being called,

"Yoongi, I would like you to work with..." Mr Kim searches the room before his eyes land on me.

Oh no.

No please God no, I'm trying to get over these petty emotions I have for him. Don't make me work with him alone in a room,

"Jimin."

Great.

"We'll take the usual room." Yoongi mumbles to the teacher before grabbing my hand and guiding me towards the small room he's always seen in. I blush a little, looking down at our locked hands while we enter the room. Yoongi closes the door behind me then heads towards the small wide stool that sat in front of the piano.

I stay next to the door unsure of whether I should join him or not. He begins playing out a tune. (a/n: you all remember the Puma ad where Yoongi's plays the piano? Yeah recall that while reading this chapter.)

It was so beautiful, I had never heard the song before but could already feel myself enjoying it. His eyes stay closed while his long fingers dance across the piano keys.

I couldn't help but close my eyes also, listening along.

How can anyone play such fantasising music?

Once he finishes, I open my eyes back up realising he's staring at me now. I feel my cheeks heat up as I look away from him.

"Are you going to stand there all day or are you going to join me?" He chuckles, my heart quickens. That was the first time I've heard him laugh.

I scamper my way over to him while he moves up slightly giving me more room to sit, our knees pressing against each other. I hold in a squeal at how close we are,

"So you picked piano too huh?" He asks staring down at his hand which was lightly runs over the keys again but not pressing hard enough to make a sound. I simply nod, finding it hard to speak because of how close he is to me.

"Have you thought of what piece you're going to play yet?" He questions, I was surprised at how much he was trying to make a conversation.

I shake my head,

"Would you like to hear what I'm playing?"

I nod, my mouth unable to form words.

He begins to play,

His thin, pale fingers moving in various directions across the keys while the sweet melody fills the air. (A/n: Please play the song above, he's playing butterfly on the piano so imagine that.)

I watch in awe as he closes his eyes, letting the music flow.

I could feel my heart hammering in my chest while my eyes water,

How can he make me feel so many emotions just like that?

He plays for a while till he's done, with a final sigh he reopens his eyes and looks over at me. I quickly wipe away a fallen tear that had escaped my eye. I sniffle making the brunette boy beside me lightly smile,

His smile is so beautiful, oh my God!

I had never seen his smile before, even if it was small, it was still me who made him express it.

"So how was that?"

"Amazing!"

He cocks an eyebrow, still holding the small smile on his lips, "you think so?"

"It wasn't just amazing, it was beyond amazing."

He glances away before speaking, "I know we haven't got off to a great start..." He trails off, touching his neck roughly as I notice how nervous he was getting.

"So maybe we could start over?" He suggests now staring into my eyes.

I blink a few times unsure of what to say.

"Yes?" I question aloud,

"Yes?" He repeats back, a small chuckle leaving his lips,

"Yes." I smile holding out my hand towards him,

"Hi I'm Park Jimin, and you are?"

He looks down at my hand before grinning. His smile was so big it showed off his teeth making my heart stop,

"I'm Min Yoongi, nice to meet you."

•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·

Authors Note

Why they so cute? 😭

But cringey 😬

But still cute 🙈

Linked video is from Youtube by a channel named Smyang Piano 🎹

I suggest you check them out because their covers are honestly insane, they always make me cry 😢

Please vote
Comment
And follow ❤️