Chapter 46 - Eomma, I'm sorry

"I don't know what the hell you were thinking, disappearing like that on your mom. We were all worried." Jin continues on with his long exaggerated rant about my disappearing act from yesterday.

"I'm sorry." I mutter, looking down at my untouched food. I didn't feel like eating lately, my emotions were on overdrive, finding it hard to do the simplest of things.

"Jimin you shouldn't beat yourself up about this." Jungkook pats my back, a concern look crosses his eyes.

"Hey guys!" Taehyung smiles, Hoseok closely behind him.

"Oh hell to the freaking no are you sitting here." Jin huffs at Hoseok, who is now raising an eyebrow at the pink haired boy,

"And why not?"

"Because you're related to that thing over  there." Jin points in the direction behind me where I know he would be sitting with Jihee. "You'll just remind him about that idiot with your face."

Hoseok stares at Jin for a few moments, "you do realise we're step brothers? We don't look anything alike."

Jin chokes on his saliva, realising his mistake.

"Okay fine...just don't upset him." He grumbles, turning his attention back to his food to avoid anymore embarrassment.

Hoseok takes a seat beside Taehyung before letting his eyes fall onto me. He purses his lips, glancing at my face before behind me.

"I'm sorry about my brother, I was sort of shocked about all of this myself." He rubs his neck as I give him a weak smile,

"It's not your fault Hoseok, you have your own life to live. I'm fine now, really." Although I wasn't sure whether I was trying to convince them or myself.

Before Hoseok had the chance to respond, my phone suddenly rings. It vibrates against the table making it shake slightly. I pick it up to find 'mom' flashing across the screen with the background picture a photo of us when I was younger.

I click answer, raising the phone to my ear, "hello? Eomma?"

"Jimin sweetie, I need you to come straight after school today."

My eyebrows knot together, puzzlement smeared across my expression.

"Why do I need to come straight home?"

"No time to explain, I'm really busy right now. Just make sure you're home." And with that she hangs up. My lips curve downwards in a frown as I stare at my phone,

What the hell?

"Who was that?" Jungkook asks, sipping on his banana milk.

"My mom."

Jungkook nods, tuning back into the others' conversation.

"Jimin?"

My body tenses at the voice, I don't dare turn round but by the glares everyone is giving towards the person, I know for a fact it's not someone I want to be speaking too.

"Why are you over here?" Jin hisses, getting into a standing position from across the table. Tae and Hoseok closely behind him, Jungkook throws an arm over my shoulder, keeping me from turning towards the person.

"I just want to talk to Jimin...alone."

"Get lost, he doesn't want to talk to you, nor your boyfriend over there." Jin proceeds on, practically growling at the small girl behind me.

I could basically feel her eyes rolling at Jin's overprotectiveness while she silently stares down the others. I hadn't noticed how worried I was getting as I was now holding onto Jungkook's free hand for support while playing around with his fingers, trying to occupy myself off of the current situation.