Chapter 43 - Don't cry Jiminie

Jimin's POV

An hour.

An hour had past by now since I've been waiting for him, still no sign of him anywhere. It was way past school hours so my car and I were the only things left in the car park. I pull out my phone again, checking if he finally answered any of my text messages I sent him earlier.

Nope.

I exhale loudly,

What if he fainted again? Or he's sick again?

My mind begins to race with frightening thoughts. I click call, holding the phone up to my ear,

As long as I hear his voice, I'll know he's safe. I just want to hear him.

The sounds of ringing repeatedly echoes in my ear. I chew down on my lower lip, afraid he wouldn't pick up.

I slowly lower the phone as the rings continue.

I guess he's not gonna pick u-

Suddenly the ringing stops, my eyes widen, realising he's picked up.

"H-Hello?" I stutter into the phone.

Silence.

That's all I was met with,

"Yoongi please." My voice cracking at the end.

Still silence.

"Please Yoongi! What are you doing?! Why did you leave me?" I whisper while a droplet of tears flood out my eyes.

I feel hurt, rejected even, like he no longer likes me.

He abruptly hangs up when he hears my bubbling, I swallow down the huge lump that was growing in my throat.

He doesn't love me?

~*~

"Jung-eun give me the damn cookie!" Jungkook grumbles while he makes a grabbing motion at his little sister to fess up his cookie back to him.

"No." She sticks her tongue out before shoving the cookie into her mouth.

"All gone." She holds her small hands up while grinning, bits of chocolate spread around her cheeks.

I smile at the small girl. It had been about a week now since Yoongi had last spoke to me, he's been avoiding school too. I was confused,

Why is he doing this? I thought we were getting on so well?

We even kissed!!

Why give this up now?

I sigh catching Jungkook's attention.

"Is it about Yoongi again?" He asks, I nod, scared that my words might turn into a cry at the sound of his name.

Jungkook shuffles uncomfortably on his bed, shifting his gaze at me then to his little sister who was busy across the room, playing with her toy bunny that she always has with her.

"Umm...Jimin?" I glance up from my hands towards Jungkook.

"Yeah?"

"I-uh have to tell you something." He breaths, anxiety clear in his expression. My stomach churns. I move closer so I can hear him better.

"I don't want to make the whole situation worse..." he takes a pause, fiddling with the hem of his white tee, "...I saw Yoongi yesterday but...he was with Jihee."

I frown at his words, I could've sworn that neither one of them liked each other, it was blatantly obviously after Halloween that they both had a disliking towards one another.