Chapter 47 - Healing stickers

"Care to explain what's going on?" Jungkook questions when he opens the door wide enough for me to enter.

I rub my face tiredly, taking my shoes off at the front door. Jung-eun suddenly appears in front of me, her small hands making a grabbing motion while she pouts,

"Jiminie!"

"Hey sweetie!" I coo back at the little girl, picking her up for a hug. Jungkook keeps quiet, not wanting to push me while his sister is around.

We move into the kitchen area where I find Mrs Jeon busy cooking up dinner, she hears our footsteps as she turns,

"Oh Jimin. Are you joining us?"

"He'll actually be joining us for the night eomma." Jungkook speaks up for me. His mom simply nods, knowing not to prey too much into it.

"Dinner should be ready soon, why don't you both take Jung-eun out for a while, so I can clean up?"

Jungkook groans loudly while Jung-eun and I get excited, we decide we would just take Jung-eun for a short walk since she had not long started to walk outside without a buggy.

"Jung-eun! Stop running, you're gonna f-" Jungkook never got to finish his sentence since his little sister went tumbling forward, landing flat on her face.

"-fall." Jungkook finally completes his sentence. Jung-eun steadily pushes herself up with the use of her hands, a small whimper escape her lips. We rush towards her, Jungkook begins to shush her, brushing away the tears that were falling off of her cheeks while I check her over to see where she hurt herself. I notice a large cut on her knee that was oozing out blood. I purse my lips looking around to notice a small shop a few meters away. I get to my feet, running off inside. A few moments later I return seeing that Jungkook is now sitting on a nearby bench with a still crying Jung-eun on his knee.

"Jung-eun please, you have to calm down." He pouts as Jung-eun's face turns a slightly red colour due to lack of air.

"Hey Jung-eun?" I try to catch the small girl's attention. She briefly glances up at me while peeking out between her fingers that were covering her wet eyes.

"Don't cry sweetie, look what I have." I show the child-friendly box that had some teddy bears and unicorns on it.

She frowns at the small box in my hand, curiosity sweeping across her expression as she quietens down,

"What's that?" She sniffles pointing at the box.

"These." I say taking out one of the small plasters that had bright pink and blue unicorns on them, "are healing stickers."

"Healing stickers?" She pouts, staring down as I place the small plaster against her cut knee.

"Yeah, healing stickers. You place them on your ouches and they make them disappear for you." I explain, smiling down at my finished work.

Jung-eun swings her sore knee slightly so she can have a better look at the plaster. She then looks up at me with a smile,

"The ouches stopped!"

"See magic." She giggles and Jungkook glances up at me before mouthing a 'thank you.'

We decide to head back since dinner should be ready about now.

~*~

"Jimin?" Jungkook calls out through the darkness.

"Yeah?" I mumble turning in my blow-up bed that was place at the bottom of Jungkook's king sized bed.

"Thanks again for what you did today for Jung-eun. Honestly I'm suppose to be her big brother but I struggle with those kind of situations, I wasn't able to calm her down or make her smile. I guess I'm a failure of a brother." He sighs.