Chapter 58 - just relax

My knee bounces up and down in impatience, Hoseok and Tae were sitting to my left while Yoongi parents were a few seats down from my right.

Jin and Jungkook were texting us every so often to keep in contact since they felt that it would be too crowded if we all came.

Suddenly Dr Hwang exits out of the doors, he moves towards us and I feel my heartbeats quicken.

Is he okay?!

I jump to my feet along with Hoseok, Tae and Yoongi's parents.

"What happened? Is he okay?" Mrs Min questions the doctor, searching his face for any sign of an answer.

"He's fine. The surgery was a success." Dr Hwang announces and I have to sit back down since I feel myself beginning to pass out from all the stress.

I start to cry, a wide smile on my lips,

He's okay!

"Oh thank God." Yoongi's dad holds a hand over his chest, trying to calm his heart down.

"You kids should probably get home and take a shower and rest." Mrs Min tells Hoseok, Tae and I.

"C-can I see him first?" I ask, not ready to leave yet until I see with my own eyes that he's okay.

Mrs Min nods her head but Dr Hwang stops me from entering the hallway that leads off to Yoongi's room.

"I must tell you though that he is in a coma." He states,

"W-what?"

"It's okay though." He tells me, "he'll be out of the coma in a weeks time."

I don't reply back, I didn't know what else to say anymore. I follow the doctor along with Yoongi's parents and Hoseok.

Taehyung decided to go out and bring the car around for us,

Yoongi's parents and Hoseok head inside first since they are his immediate family while I wait outside.

I wander up and down the hallway outside his door, fear beginning to creep up on me again.

Just relax Jimin. It's okay, he's okay now.

Just relax.

Soon enough they all exit the room, his mom was in tears while his dad appears to be holding back his own tears, comforting his wife.

Hoseok looked awful, his eyes were bloodshot and his face was emotionless,

"You can go in now." He said in a monotone. I flinch at his persona,

Okay stop worrying Jimin.

It's okay, it's okay.

I brace myself, slowly opening the door. My eyes instantly fall onto the small boy that was curled up in the bed, a bunch of monitors were hooked up to him, filling the air every so often with a beep.

I inch closer to him, taking a seat down on the chair that was beside his bed. I stared at him for a while, taking in his face,

He's okay.

He's okay, he made it.

I keep repeating those words in my head multiple times before taking his cold hand in mines.

"Yoongi, I know you can't answer me." I weakly chuckle, "but they say that even when people are in a coma, they can still hear their loved ones talking to them."

I pause, a single tear glides down my cheek. I quickly clear my throat before continuing,

"You're going to get through this. You just have to keep fighting." I whisper, my grip tightening on his hand.

"Just keep fighting." My voice cracks while more tears fall. I let out a small whimper,

"I have to go. But I'll be back everyday to see you till you wake up." I tell him before getting up from my chair, leaning over to leave a kiss on his forehead.

My shoulders tense as I move towards the door, I debate on whether I should turn back to look at him once more but decide to go against it.

I was already too upset to see him lying there looking as though he was dead.

~*~

"Okay Park Jimin?" Mr Kim shouts my name, awaking me from my daze. I gulp, getting to my feet before following him towards the practice room where we would perform our pieces for the exam.

I stumble into the room, taking my place in front of the microphone. Mr Kim takes his seat behind the piano as I was going to do my singing part first,

"When you're ready." One of the examiners tells me. I glance back at Mr Kim, nodding so he takes that as a cue to start.

I lick my lips, wetting them from the dryness. A short break lingers over us before Mr Kim's fingers press down on the keys,

I begin singing, putting all of my emotions into the song.

Once it gets to the chorus I was in tears, I couldn't stop them from flowing.

The examiners seemed taken back, unsure whether they should stop me or not but I continue on.

My mind falls back to all the memories I've shared with Yoongi, even before we became a couple.

Let me love, let me love you

I finish the song, gently moving away from the mic as I take in a deep breath. I wipe away my tears before apologising,

"Sorry I got a little emotional there."

The examiners smiles, "it's okay. When you're ready, we will move onto your piano piece."

I nod, walking towards the piano that Mr Kim was getting up from,

"Are you sure you want to play this song?" Mr Kim asks yet again. My head bobs, letting him know that it was okay. Yoongi wanted me to play this piece since he wasn't able too.

I managed to convince Mr Kim, a week or two in advance that I had changed my piano piece again. He was a little bit annoyed that I kept changing it but once I told him why he agreed.

I take another deep breath, preparing myself as I graze my fingers over the keys. I close my eyes beginning to play the tune of butterfly that Yoongi would've been original playing.

"Thank you Mr Park." One of the examiners say once I'm finished, I bow respectively before exiting.

I head down to my music class which was empty since all the students were either waiting outside on the chairs in the hallway or have already left to go home since we were free to go once we had performed.

I take a seat in my chair up the back, I push it away from the desk as I hold my head in my hands, leaning forward while letting out more tears.

It's okay Jimin. You just have to hold on this week.

By Sunday he should be awake again.

I keep telling myself this, trying to pick up my mood.

I stay like this for a while before getting to my feet and heading out towards my car so I can go to the hospital to see Yoongi again.