Chapter 40 - I'm ready to hear the truth

Yoongi's POV

After resting for a day, I was finally back on my feet.

"Are you sure you wanna go today?" Hoseok asks while shovelling a spoonful of cereal in his mouth. I glance up from my notebook where I was writing down some lyrics, my cheek resting in my hand.

"I'll be fine." I reassure him but could tell he wasn't convinced. He opens his mouth to speak but was cut short by his mom.

"Morning boys." My mom's perky face comes into view. She was in the middle of tying her dark hair up.

"Morning eomma." Hoseok and I say in unison. Hoseok retreats back to his cereal while I tap my pencil against the table like a drum.

It had always been my dream to make music, I enjoy writing and composing music ever since I was younger...however I might not ever be able to fulfil that dream now.

I push away my selfish thoughts, tuning back into my brother and mom's conversation.

"So anything interesting happening at school?"

Hoseok shakes his head, "not really. Just exams, you know." He lightly laughs before getting up, cleaning his bowl in the sink.

My dad comes waltzing in at that very moment, whining at his wife to help him with his tie.

"I can't get it." He pouts, waddling over to my mom to fix it. She rolls her eyes but nonetheless reaches out to correct it.

My dad beams at her, happy to have the help.

"What would I do without you?" He smiles, placing a kiss on my mom's cheek. My own lips turn into a smile while I watch the happy couple.

I was thrilled that my dad could finally feel happy again, especially after she left us. I could tell Hoseok felt the same for his mom, the truth was that Hoseok's parents went through a messy divorce when he was younger, they were constantly arguing and it frightened him.

He never admitted this to his mom but I remember when he told me, how the fear and sadness was evident in his dark eyes. It was painful to watch him be like that, I know that we aren't brothers by blood but I look at him like he is my own flesh and blood now.

"Hey kiddo, not eating?" My dad questions, planting a hand on my shoulder.

I freeze at my dad's words, I could sense he was also tensing as was my mom and Hoseok. My dad coughs, lifting his hand from me before muttering to both Hoseok and I that we should go or we'll be late for school.

I avert my gaze from everyone.

Anger, frustration, despair, guilt crash against me in waves of emotions. I try my best to calm myself as I make a b-line for the front door, picking up my bag pack in the process before slamming the door with a thud.

I start walking to school, vaguely hearing someone shouting my name in the background. I don't stop, I keep speed walking till I feel myself grow tired and only then do I slow down my pace.

"Yah! I told you to wait!" Hoseok scowls, throwing his bag further up his back to secure it better. I notice that he only has one shoe on, I stop finally letting him fix himself while I hold back a laugh.

He can honestly be such a dumbass sometimes...a caring person, I'll give him that but a dumbass nonetheless.

~*~

It was 3rd period,

sadly I was stuck in History.

Thankfully though, my ass was hidden up the back of the class where my teacher couldn't see me taking a short nap. I briefly lift my head, taking in every little detail around the room till my eyes fall onto the boy beside me.