Chapter 24 - I love you

Hoseok POV

The library was quiet when I walked inside, glancing around I take in that there is hardly anyone here.

I could feel my chest tighten at the sight of the blonde haired boy. He was preoccupied searching for a book by a large bookcase across from where I was standing.

It's as though he could feel my gaze on him since he briefly looks up, our eyes meeting, holding me in place. I watch as an annoyed smirk plants itself on his lips.

He breaks our stare off, looking away from me.

A small tinge of pain hits my chest but I ignore it, feeling my feet move on their own towards him, eager to be by his side.

"Why're you here?" He spits once I'm close enough, he turns, seeking yet another book. His fingers trace lightly against each spine, reading their titles while he walks along the bookcase, a thin emerald green covered book held tightly in his other hand.

I clear my throat trying to stop myself from staring at the boy too much, I suddenly take interest in my feet instead.

"I wanted to hangout." I mumble, afraid of where his emotions will stand after uttering those words.

I miss him,

I miss him like crazy.

It was all my fault that we no longer talk and it hurts, I buried my feelings towards him as soon as I built up a wall to keep out everyone. I couldn't cope with the situation at the time, I knew my family needed me more.

Taehyung stops in his tracks, his brown eyes boring into mines while he searches my face.

He sighs, "why're you doing this to me?"

I love you...

I shrug.

"I don't know, can't we just go back to how it used to be?"

"Hoseok." Taehyung states slowly, "you want to go back to how it used to be? Seriously! You hurt me, you hurt Jin, you hurt Jungkook. And for what?!" His voice slightly raised.

Thank God no one was around to hear us.

He begins to shake his head, his eyes turning glossy, "we still don't know why you just suddenly left us. One day you're our friend the next you wouldn't speak to us, sit with us, hell you wouldn't even smile or look in our direction!"

His voice broke at the end of his sentence, a single tear escapes his eye, sliding gracefully down his tanned cheek. I have the urge to reach out and wipe it away, ashamed that I was the cause for it.

He swats my hand away with disgust, my heart breaks as my face drops at his rejection.

"DON'T TOUCH ME! YOU DON'T HAVE A RIGHT TOO!!"

I flinch at his words but he was right, I didn't have a right.

I watch Taehyung retreats away from me, through the large double doors that took him back out into the main hallway.

I just stood there.

Numb.

Something wet hits my cheeks,

"I'm sorry. I love you." I whisper.

•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·.·•·.·''·

Authors Note

Another short chapter, please don't kill me but damn poor Vhope.

I can't wait till they get together 😍

That is if they actually ever do get together 😅

Please vote
Comment
And follow ❤️