Chapter 3 - Heavenly sounds

I was speechless as I watched the boy, he was laying against one of the wooden benches. His left arm draped across his forehead while his eyes are glued shut.

Is he sleeping?

I felt the urge to move closer to get a better look at him. Slowly, I take quiet steps towards him,

He looks like an angel.

His long eyelashes cast a small shadow under his eyes. His lips slightly parted, his skin was very pale and his full black outfit didn't help. Yet his skin was still beautiful and clear,

How can someone be this pretty?...What am I even saying? I'm not even gay...Right?

I shake my head trying to stop the weird thoughts.

Should I wake him up? He'll get into trouble if he gets caught sleeping in here instead of being out with everyone else.

"Um excuse me?" I begin to shake him lightly, not wanting to frighten him.

Or earn a punch in the face.

He gradually begins to regain consciousness, gazing around the locker room tiredly before letting his eyes fall onto me. He lazily sits up, the side that had been lying down was now slightly messy, his hair was sticking in different directions and his black sweater somewhat creased. Yet he still looks amazing,

Okay stop it Jimin! Stop drooling over this boy.

He didn't even speak, he just sat there staring off into the distance.

"Umm you're gonna be late. Shouldn't you get changed? The coach wouldn't be happy if you're just in here napping instead of being out with everyone else."

He wouldn't even glance at me when I spoke. I feel a little sad that he wouldn't open up to me but then again I'm a stranger to him.

Maybe he's shy?...Or deaf?

"Jimin! Where are you?" Jungkook shouts from the door.

"Coming!" And with that, I leave the nameless brunette behind wishing I could stay longer by his side.

~*~

"Today's lesson." The coach pauses, smirking at our unimpressed faces, "long distance running. We're going to track down your health and how long it takes you to run at the start of the year and at the end of the year to see if you have improved."

There were loud groans heard in every direction as we all head over to the starting point.

"Alright! You will run round the full track then round the back of the school toward the gates and up the hill, over it then back round the full school and finish off back here at the start." He explains and I could feel my insides cry out in pain already.

"On your marks..."

I'm gonna die doing this,

"Get set..."

My heart was hammering in my chest from all the excitement and rush I was feeling before I even had the chance to run.

"Go!"

And with that, the full class begins to sprint for their lives like this was the Hunger Games.

~*~

"I...can't...breathe...some-...one...put...me...out...of...my...mis-...ery!" Jin wheezes out each word, letting his body flop to the ground so that he is lying on his back while heavily heaving in some air.

I chuckle at his dramatic cry but agreed that it was rather difficult, I was struggling a little to catch my breath but decide to chug down my water instead to take my mind off of it.

"Good work boys, now head in and get changed," the coach bellows.

I was so thankful I made it through my first gym class.

I wonder what that guy is doing right no-

-Stop it Jimin!

We head back into the locker room and I feel a little ecstatic that the boy might still be in there.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Sadly he wasn't.

I sigh, getting changed back into my uniform again. I offer to take home the clothes and wash them before returning them back to Jungkook. While grabbing my bag pack, I head for the doors, waving goodbye to Jungkook, Taehyung and Jin before leaving.

In order to get back to the front entrance of the school where the parking lot is, I have to pass by the music department. The hallways were like a ghost town as most students had already left. I was late getting back to change so most teens should either be gone by now or in the parking lot.

Waltzing slowly through the hallway, I could faintly make out a sound. I stop in my tracks trying to listen better,

It sounds heavenly...maybe a piano?

I followed the beautifully played piece till I stumble upon a wooden door that was slightly open ajar. It was tucked away in a small corridor in the hallway. The door luckily had a small window on it making it a lot easier for me to snoop on whoever was inside without being caught.

I peer into the window seeing a brunette playing the piano. His back was to me so I couldn't see his face but I knew straight away who he was.

I close my eyes, listening to the sounds of music flowing gently in the air, my heartbeats quicken with excitement as I feel a satisfied shiver wash over me.

Wow did he write this himself? I've never heard it before.

Forgetting that I was trying not to get caught, I lean further into the door, still eyes closed when I suddenly stumble face first into the room.

The music stops.

Internally groaning, I lift my head steadily to see the brunette boy staring at me. His gaze feels so intense like we were the only two left on the planet, no words were uttered from either of us.

We must have stayed like that for a while before my face furiously flushes a deep crimson colour,

I was caught!

I quickly stand onto my own two feet again, bowing forward at the boy.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to prey into what you were doing." I pause, "it's just...it sounded so beautiful I had to find out where it was coming from." My words were rushed as I didn't dare look at him, frightened at what his expression might be at that very moment.

Silence.

I feel the awkwardness grow between us so I finally lift my head up. The boy seems taken back by my words but soon after replaces it with an emotionless glare like before.

I sigh, "Well. Bye." I wave stupidly, cringing at how ridiculous I appear before running off.