TWENTY ONE

"I'm not wearing that

"I'm not wearing that."

Rhys twists the blindfold around his fingers. I turn back to the mirror, knowing that my mascara will more than likely smudge if I do. My eyeshadow is a pale gold and matches the dress that Jamie convinced me to take. It's an old one I wore for dancing, surprisingly it's not that bad length wise.

Although it does cling to what curves I do have. It's probably what's had Rhys standing in the door frame while I was putting on makeup.

"I want it to be a surprise though," I glance back, returning the length of my heel to the tiled floor. "Kind of like that dress."

I flatten the length of it, stepping closer to Rhys. The first thing I smell is his body wash, although it might be still hinting around the bathroom itself. I love the dark smell to the point it feels like an allure, pulling me closer mindlessly.

"Your the one who said to bring a dress - I had help picking it."

He chuckles and nods his head. "Help being Jamie? The queen of seduction."

I blink a few times in shock at his words. Rhys realizes his mistake instantly and sucks his lips in. He's lucky I know he didn't mean it in the way it came across. Besides, I'm pretty sure I know how he came up with that phrase.

"Lachlan blabbed?"

"He mentioned she's quite good at getting her way and that she's the reason he has blue balls," I try not to laugh at his misery, despite Rhys grinning immensely at his friends loss. "He planned on talking to her while we were away, explaining that he still works for James. That's what she wanted, right?"

"She hates secrets because they've quite literally changed her life," I explained briefly, keeping some information to myself. "It's frustrating that they won't just take the leap to trust one another. Once they do I think they'll be happy together."

Rhys nods slowly and holds up the blindfold. "Speaking of trust. . ."

"Can't I just close my eyes?" I bargain, he wriggles it and I huff. "If my makeup smudges I want you to tell me so I don't look like a fool. Promise?"

He smirks but nods. "I promise. You can put it on before we get out of the elevator."

Taking the cheap fabric, I recognize the label on the tag. He got this from the arcade. I huff and slowly walked to the door while thinking back to when he could have gotten it. We were together the whole time, except when he watched me squirm on the dance machine that I could barely keep up with.