SIXTEEN

"Hey Taylor, what are my odds of being lesbian?"

Chuckling I suck the ice cream from the metal spoon and glance between the girls. Jamie is lounging upside down on an arm chair while Taylor sits crossed leg, ordering us a pizza on her phone.

"Um. I don't know how to answer that."

Taylor looks to me for support and I started digging at the peppermint ice cream left in the bottom. For a last minute girls night, we didn't do too bad. We've watched half the Harry Potter movies, polished off a bottle of wine, a few bottles of soda, popcorn, bags of chips and most of the ice cream leftovers in the freezer.

Now the pizza is coming to sober up Jamie mostly, considering she drank at least two thirds of the wine while I only had half a glass. She still hasn't spilled about what had her so pissed at Lachlan yesterday and I'm betting she's about to.

"She's asking if she would have more luck with the ladies then guys," I explained, glancing at Jamie as she pokes her tongue out at me. "It's standard talk for her whenever she thinks about her relationship stuff."

Jamie scoffs and points at me, knocking over an empty can from the coffee table. "Unlike you, I don't have an ex desperately in love with me. I have a cheating ex, the guy I was a beard for, Mr. Not so perfect, Pretty boy and Lachlan. My options are limited to probably the gay one."

"Are those the guys you've dated?" Taylor asks hesitantly and I exhale deeply, knowing that a rant is about to break out.

"Yep. I have shitty taste but I've only slept with two of them if that makes it all better," she snorts and drops her arm to cover her eyes. "I hate being alone but it's better than being let down. Regardless of how good of a lay he is."

I blink furiously at the last part. "How good of a lay who is?"

Jamie tenses up and she mouths 'fuck' at her slip up. She hauls herself up with difficulty and glances between us both. I almost want to laugh at her facial expression which resembles a child in trouble. But she's hardly like this - she doesn't act recklessly, she's not impulsive or careless.

She's had to be dependent on herself when she had nobody. I don't blame her for wanting to let down the walls for a night. Not when we're the people she's around.

"Um. The day before your job interview I met up with Lachlan to talk and you know how it goes," she rolls her hand in a circle motion and shrugs both shoulders. "It was good, really good but then he got a phone call then left half an hour later saying he would be back. He was gone for three hours so I left."