TWENTY SEVEN

"Are you sure this isn't too forward?"

I glance up only to see the ensuite door shut still with Taylor hidden behind it. Beside me Jamie continues to flip through a magazine, sharpie in hand as she defaces anyone she comes across. I squeeze the pillow tighter below me.

"I'm sure you look fine. It wasn't that bad of a dress."

"I look like a slut."

"You do not!" Jamie interjects with a scowl. "That's my dress you're wearing so no insults to it or me thank you!"

Taylor unlocks the door and pokes her head out. "I know you aren't a slut and your clothes are beautiful - just not very modest."

"That's because I lack modesty sometimes," she groans and climbs off the bed, discarding her vandalism to approach her closet. "Plus for a date you want to look sexy and enticing."

"I've never been on a date before that wasn't set up." Taylor explains, her cheeks almost matching the collar of the dress she's wearing.

"It's going to be fine. I'm sure Piper is going to love what you wear regardless," I bite the corner of my lip to suppress a grin. "Plus she's seen you topless already so. . ."

"That was different, I was getting a tattoo."

"In Taylor's defense it isn't uncommon for dates to happen after you've been topless."

"Does that mean you've actually been on a date with Lachlan?" Taylor asks curiously and I have to admit I'm staying still to avoid spooking her.

"Yes."

"How did that go?"

She glances between us and Taylor disappears behind the door to get changed. "It was good, a bit awkward but he had never been on a date before."

"What!" Taylor opens the door a crack and looks as shocked as I feel about the information. "I call bullshit on that one. He's had a million girl-"

"No, he's had one girlfriend. Bellamy and she was an absolute psycho when they broke up," Jamie scrunches up her nose and scans the dress she pulled out. "I never realized how scandalous my clothing taste is, thanks Taylor."

"Bellamy . . . isn't that the girl you threw in his face the first time you met?"

Jamie bobs her head and takes the dress over to Taylor. "She was my best friend but turned into a bitch when he broke her heart. But she was the only one he even bothered titling with, the rest were purely physical."