FIFTEEN

"Alright, what's going on?"

Jamie breaks the silence in the kitchen while poking at the rubbery scrambled eggs I cooked. After her disaster date, Rhys took care of Tyler but left us at his place for safety reasons - whatever that meant.

Which left us with Lachlan who luckily passed out on the couch. By the time Rhys got back it was late and Jamie had decided to sleep in Lachlan's bed considering he was currently passed out in the living room. It wasn't long before I joined her rather than driving home at four am.

Six hours later I was awake and made breakfast for everyone, who are scattered around the kitchen with tension almost suffocating. Rhys is avoiding eye contact, Lachlan is fuming and Jamie is confused by what happened last night. I just don't know what to say or how to react.

She needs to be told but neither of them are willing to do so.

"You went on a date."

I freeze up at Lachlan's eerily cold tone. "Lachlan don't-"

"Shut up," He snaps and shoots me a glare before focusing on Jamie. "Why would you?"

Her fork clutters to the plate and I close my eyes to brace myself for a war about to start. "Because I wanted to feel appreciated instead of like a secret."

"You aren't a secret, I'm not ashamed of you."

"Well you certainly act like it. You have no right to get all shitty because I went on a date with someone else."

I feel a nudge at my hand and I opened my eyes again, glancing at the bruised knuckles beside me. Rhys gives a head flick in the direction of the doorway and I push off the counter with mug in hand. Lachlan looks ready to explode with anger and Jamie could quite possibly throw the fork at him.

Good idea leaving them alone.

"What have you got planned for today?" Rhys asks, stepping inside his bedroom while I hover in the door frame.

He gestures for me to come in and I do so hesitantly, still hearing Jamie screaming at Lachlan for being a tool. Stepping inside I stand awkwardly between his bed and dresser, nearly laughing at how clean his room is. Apart from the unmade bed there's not a thing untidy about it.

"Didn't we establish this last night, I thought we were going to spend time together - catch up."

Rhys nods and sits on the edge of his bed with a leg tucked under him. "Right. You started a job?"

"Friday was my first shift. I met most of the kids and I need to come up with a routine to teach them," I explain and edge closer to the bed. "I'm still tossing up between music though, I want to do something they know but also something they don't test them. See who can adapt the best to something completely different."

"So you want to throw them in the deep end?" He seems amused and I scoff in response.

"No. Part of being a dancer is dealing with the unexpected which from what I gathered is rare in the studio, everything is organized precisely."