TWENTY TWO

"Would you rather be trapped in an elevator for six hours or be forced to watch horror movies for the same amount of time?"

I raise an eyebrow, fiddling with my ring as I wait for Rhys to answer the question. Rolling my head to the sight I wiggle my toes from the dashboard, trying not to laugh at his agonized facial expression.

"Horror movies," I bite down on the head of a snake, pulling it out the stretch. Rhys glances at my feet and I know what's about to come. "Do you need to have them on the dash?"

"Hey! I took my shoes and socks off to avoid doing any damage. I'm finally comfortable."

He shakes his head slowly, eyes landing on me with an unimpressed look. "I don't ask much but when it comes to my car I'd prefer you not to-"

"Alright I get it," I pull my feet down and shift to tuck one leg under the other. "You men are so sensitive about cars."

"You women . . ." Rhys trails off but stops himself from finishing the sentence.

I smile sweetly. "You women what?"

Rhys sucks his lips in and I snort, taking another bite from the orange flavored snake. Smart move. No good ever comes from statements like that and especially if the woman you're saying it to won't hesitate in firing back.

"Would you rather give up sushi or skittles?"

My smile fades and one appears on his lips. I stare blankly, trying to weigh up the decision of life or death. That's just as evil as mine. Mulling over my answer I swallow down my snake and the regret.

"Skittles. I only really buy them for the green ones, and the purple, orange and yellow."

"What about the reds?"

I shrug one shoulder and glance out the windshield when we come off the freeway. "Not my favorite."

"You're a skittle-ist."

"I'm a what?" I laugh and he gasps in mock shock.

"I never thought that'd be your style."

"Well does that make you a sushi-ist?" I'm smiling so wide that it's hurting my cheeks. "Very disappointing, Rhys."

He continues to smile and gives a one shouldered shrug. "You save the red ones and give them to me, they're my favorite."

"I know," I rest my head against the head rest and allow myself focus back on Rhys. "You told me that before when you noticed my sorting habit, you also mocked me then too saying I was hurting their feelings."