TWENTY FIVE

"You know you can only avoid him for so long," I roll over partially to look at Lachlan who stands on the other side of the bed

"You know you can only avoid him for so long," I roll over partially to look at Lachlan who stands on the other side of the bed. "After all you are in his room."

"How is he?"

Lachlan toes off his shoes before climbing in beside me but sits up against the headboard. "As well as to be expected."

"I had to tell him," I roll over, readjusting the pillow to cuddle it again. "I was expecting him to be angry, cry even but I didn't see him turning like that."

"Despite what he said, he wouldn't ever follow through with them. He still thinks he doesn't deserve you."

"I know," I mumbled with a frown. "Yet I thought I was the insecure one in our relationship. Clearly not."

Lachlan snorts and changes the topic. "What exactly happened with the catch up thingy? Rhys barely explained it."

"They cornered me and tried to get a reaction from me about Levi's escape," I glance up at him, his eyes focused on me. "I knew Rhys had something to do with it and they think you were the one to tranquilize the men with him. Apparently, you have the best aim."

"It had to be injected precisely into a vein to have the desired effect - they would hallucinate and be paralyzed. If I missed I could have killed them." He admits.

"Thank you."

He shrugs. "Don't mention it - quite literally in this case. I don't want to deal with the backlash and neither does anyone else involved."

"Then what am I going to say?" I can feel the lump winding around my throat. "Oscar threatened to pay a visit to my dad because he's the only one incapable of defending himself."

"What are you suggesting?"

"I don't know," I can tell he's annoyed by the idea of me possibly giving up names. I can't do that when all they were doing was trying to help me. The irony is I'm going to get my dad hurt once again for my choices. "I haven't spoken to him in weeks. I can warn him but he'd go to the police and that would still jeopardize everything."

It goes silent for a few minutes. Lachlan doesn't move and I can feel his eyes burning into me. What I didn't add to that was the possibility of losing him for good - he would be so disappointed and god knows what else about me being back with Rhys.

Even if he remains physically untouched, he wouldn't want anything to do with me. And while I've been pissed with him over the google cell - he's still my dad, my only remaining parent.

"Your dad really doesn't like Rhys."

"Nope."

"Does he know about the proposal?" He lifts my hand and checks the ring out for himself. "You should send him the video, it was sweet."

"Rhys sent you that video?"

"Yeah. He sent it in a circulation so everyone knows," he grins and runs his finger over the infinity symbol. "I got ambushed by the girls who demanded why they weren't told before hand."