7

Nurses were running back and forth, patients were whining and coughing, phones were ringing and the loud overtone of guests chattering echoed through the halls, that's the environment of the hospital Jin was currently rushing through.

The long halls felt like a never-ending maze as he kept running to find his brothers room. He had asked Rowoon to cover for him as his shift was about to start in an hour but his brother was more important than work at this moment, he was just glad that Namjoon had been there to help. It was so rare for Jungkook to get hurt so seriously that a hospital was needed so to know he was now in one made Jin very uneasy.

Shaky breaths left him as he arrived at the said number Namjoon had given him over the phone, he slowed down his pace, with shaky breaths leaving him as he peeked his head through the small window on the door to see his youngest brother sitting up in a sickbed, laughing and smiling as Namjoon was talking and cracking jokes it seemed.

It warmed his heart to see him smile again. It had been so long since he'd seen Jungkook smile. Ever since their parents passed away, Jungkook had become a very closed off person, there'd been a lot of times where Jin would notice he was going through something but always close himself off and just pretend as if he was fine, he never allowed Jin or Jimin to be there for him, other times he'd have the unbelievable ideas of quitting school and just work as his and Jimin's housekeeper as he always became so sad after seeing how exhausted his brothers got from all the over working they did.

Nothing of this sat well with Jin, it hurt him to know his brother was so stressed and worries over losing him and Jimin, it was definitely a topic to be discussed but, in this moment, the sweet, gentle and beautiful bunny smile that Jin had only seen years ago, was spreading out across his face and Jin smiled at the sight before opening the door.

"Hyung?" Jungkook asked confused as he saw Jin enter.

"I was starting to think you got lost" Namjoon spoke with a small smirk resting on the corner of his lips almost as if he knew Jin had a rough time finding his way around.

"Almost, but I'm here now, thank you for staying, it made me feel more at ease knowing someone I trust was looking after him" Jin spoke in a voice full of gratitude which made Namjoon smile wide, showing of a hidden dimple that Jin didn't know he had, it was quite a bonus to his attractiveness in Jin's eyes, but he couldn't get himself distracted now.

"I'm not a child hyung! I can take care of myself" Jungkook spoke back with a pout which made the two elders chuckle.

"After having listened to your wonderful stories of how you and your brothers look after each other , i can tell you're going to be one good and successful young man in the future" Namjoon spoke and Jin nodded in agreement.

"Thank you Namjoon-hyung, you're the best! I'm so glad Jin-hyung and you are friends! Can you come over someday hyung?" Jungkook spoke happily to Namjoon before he turned to face his brother with his bright bunny smile.

Jin turned to Namjoon who had a smile on his lips and was nodding his head slowly as an answer.

^^

After a long day and a talkative evening, the three were now on their way to the train station home. Jungkook had been feeling a lot better and the doctors had given a clear sign that he could go home but he was recommended to stay home and rest for a couple of days to make sure his body didn't get to worn out from the stress seemed to have undergone lately.

But that still didn't keep him from talking for hours about everything from global warming to his favourite anime, it gave a good opportunity for Namjoon to know more about Jins family and also get to know his younger brother who seemed just as sweet and gentle as him, this made him curious on how Jin's other younger brother was like.

At this point, Namjoon was sure of his connection and emotions for Jin but that also scared him since he's felt this way before, many decades ago, but he knew he couldn't make that mistake again. If Jin found out who and what he was, not only would he hate him, but it'd put him, Jungkook and his other brother at huge risk and that was not something Namjoon could let happen.

He mentally sighed as he waved the brothers goodbye at the station and made his way into the dark streets of Seoul and soon, the even darker forest.