14

Note: Hi readers! Before you read this chapter, I'd just like to warn you that there won't be so much dialogue in it, if that bores you, I apologize, and you can feel free to skip this chapter.

Now without further wait, enjoy the chapter 😊

________________________________________________________________________________

Awkward.

That was the right and probably only word Jin could describe the situation right now as he was driving through Seoul with the strange vampire named Taehyung. He would glance over at the driving vamp every few minutes, even tried to speak but didn't know the right words to use and thus, the awkward car ride continued in silence.

After a while, the city life disappeared, and empty fields and forests lanes were all that could be seen in the mist of the empty night. The moon stood high in the sky by the time the car pulled over to amore narrower road where the trees seemed to darken more if possible, in the darkness already surrounding them. Soon the drees started to fade and a lake appeared along with the shadow of something huge, it took a second for Jin's eyes to make out what the huge shadow was until they pulled up to a gate guarding the grounds.

There was the mansion, hidden in the forest among the shadows, like a ghost that still lingers but with caution. It felt so much bigger than what Jin imagined it to be and it looked almost like an ancient castle in his eyes, a castle that has long ago been abandoned and forgotten by humanity. The car drove through the gates and up a through a dusty covered path to the mansion. Jin felt heavy as the vehicle stopped in front of the humongous Doors, it was like some dark aura clouded the place and Jin felt hesitant to step out of the car as he saw a shadow walk past in one of the mansions windows.

"That would be Yoongi but don't mind him, he won't bother you" Taehyung spoke as he opened the door for Jin, noticing he had spaced out and was feeling uncomfortable.

"Who is he?" Jin asked as the two walked silently up to the gigantic doors.

"Our clan leader and one of the oldest vampires alive, but he won't bother you, he knows you're here for Namjoon"

Jin stopped and looked at Tae as he spoke while opening the big doors, the old fashion cracking of a haunted mansion was the only way Jin could describe the sound it made as it swung open. Entering through the doors, Jin looked in awe at the huge space of a lounge, there weren't any vibrant colours in sight, just shades of darker red, greys, darker shades of blue and black that dressed the room, the only light in the room was the reflection of the moonlight that shined through the large windows but it somehow made the room seem beautiful.

There were a couple of doors dressed in shaded blues and black along with a large v-formed couch in the corner of the room but what really captures one's eyes is the big staircase in the middle of the room that lead in two directions along with a staircase leading down into somewhere in the dark. Jin turned his head and waited for Taehyung to show him where to go but was only met by the rising smirk that seemed to live on the guys face as he always seemed to have a resting smirk face even though Jin had only known him for half a night.

"Take the staircase leading down, here's the keys, just keep walking til you find.... you'll know" Taehyung spoke in an almost hesitant voice as he threw Jin a key chain with a few keys on it that the human clumsily caught.

Jin nodded and within a blink of an eye, the vampire was gone, all Jin felt was a flash of wind blast by the side of his body as he now stood alone in the huge lounge. The emptiness and darkness felt intimidating and he rushed over and down the stairs, each step making it sound like someone was earing heels. He flickered though the keys, after a few tries he got the door opened, it was as pitch black as ever, so he had to use the flashlight of his phone in order to see where to step.

The hallway was cold and narrow, large spiderwebs dressing the roof with half broken pipes along the way and large scratch marks dressing the walls along with splashes of dried old blood. As Jin made his was through the narrow hallway he became more and more scared. The marks on the walls looked humongous and handprints of blood started dressing the walls now. It made Jin realise that some awful things must have happened in this tunnel like hallway and even more horrible things in the place he was heading towards.

Minutes passed but eventually the hallway ended as Jin was once again, faced with a large door, this one a rusty old brown with big chainlike locks on it. there were tons of faded marks on the door and the frame, meaning something tried escaping here once, this made Jin wonder what creatures has been held here and what has happen to them.

Jin lifted the keychain and started trying his luck once again. He took a deep breath as the right key fit and a small clanking noise escaped the lock meaning in was now unlocked, the first thing he eyes catch however upon pushing the unexpectedly heavy door open was a big metal cage containing the person he'd come to see and Jin stood I shock at the sight before him.