22

After taking heavy breaths and listening to the heavy steps Jin took as he walked down the hall, Namjoon let himself collapse on the bed, all the fresh events coming back to him. He felt a heavy pain in his heart. He knew now fully that Jin...Kim SeokJin, was his mate.

He had known since he first time saw him but wouldn't let him be followed by fate. He thought he found his mate once... and it had led him to this life of feeding on others, becoming what folklore refer to as monsters. Yet this time he fully knew, especially after getting to know Jin better and knowing how kind he was to the world. He wasn't sure if Jin was feeling the same way he did but he could now fully say that he loved the human and wouldn't feel as ashamed as before about it, but what he said was true.

He wasn't ready to go near him right now, he still had too strong of a bloodlust, his thirst was rising both up and down in waves and if Yoongi didn't give him the blood bags, Namjoon could easily lose it again.  The terror of seeing an almost unconscious Jin on the floor, bleeding and panting heavily while his veins were pumping blood furiously to try and keep himself alive was a sight that was going to give him nightmares for months.

He sighed as he looked towards the broken door, then to the window where he and Jin had stood only about a month ago, talking and Jin finally getting to know the truth. As Namjoon replied the scene, the more the familiar feeling he got when he met him the first time would beam in him. It was the call fate would give a vampire once they found their mate, the one!

Namjoon sighed as he thought back even more.

>>flashback<<

"find the hunters and finish them off " Yoongi spoke from another rooftop, using the ancient language of the purebloods, it was an old vampire language, used by what is known as purebloods, that in itself means a vampire who was born from vampires and not someone who was turned by a bite. The language wasn't easy to learn but Yoongi had taught both him and Taehyung the language over the decades.

"yeah yeah see you back at the mansion " Namjoon spoke back tired.

They had been searching for a group of men for almost 4 weeks now, they had little by little, managed to track them down but now, it was starting to become ridiculous, sure they were newborns, so they were a lot faster due to the thirst for blood still being so fresh but the was they would make their moves way to obvious, making it clear that they knew they were being hunted. Namjoon let his tired mind become clear upon hearing fast footsteps and heavy breathing as well as the sharp teeth of the newborns clenching impatiently as they were chasing their next pray.

Namjoon soon located them and saw a scared human running for their life, without thinking, Namjoon jumped down the nearest ally and quickly grabbed hold of the human, blocking them from sight. The human trebled in fear as he had now trapped them between themselves and a brick wall. He heard the men closing in and noticed the human wasn't clouded enough so he slammed a hand against the wall, blocking vision of the human's face to anyone who would walk by.

The humans eyes looked up at him, he was ell aware that the darkness of the ally hid who he was but not the other way around. Namjoon felt time stop ad he looked at the human. It was a young man, probably in his late 20's, with black locks dressing his forehead and those glistering brown eyes, it trapped Namjoon in a daze, he felt his heart beat faster and he was starting to feel dizzy.

The men ran past the ally, shouting and blaming each other for having lost their 'pray' for the night, Namjoon mentally growled at the disgusting men. The human let out a low breath as he stood there, frozen, and Namjoon wasn't sure if the human was going to scream or if he was waiting for him to do something. A moment after the men had rand past, he backed away from the human, only to end up in the same daze yet again. There was something about the human that attracted Namjoon, yes, he was very handsome but Namjoon felt something else crawling up on him, he couldn't identify the feeling and knew he had to ask Yoongi about it later.

"T-thank you" the human said shyly while looking down on the ground, not sure if to walk away or stay and talk.

"No worries, now you should probably get going home before those creeps find you again" Namjoon spoke while hiding a smile as he noticed that the human was blushing.

"Y-yeah, um... have a nice evening Nim" The human said, still feeling shy as he was still slightly blushing, not sure what else to say.

Namjoon could feel the shyness and uncertainty the human held and wanted to ease the atmosphere a little so with a small chuckle he captured the humans attention once more, this time seeing a WAY to adorable confusion rested on his face, making Namjoon smirk a little, which caused the aroura of the human to go back to being cautious. The human amused him and a smile came crawling up his face as he unwillingly let the strange feeling grow in him.

"Nim?! How old do I look?? Should I put on some makeup to hide my non visible wrinkles?" He asked, voice full of sarcasm as they both gave out quiet laughter's and Namjoon swore he felt his heart beat 180 at the sound of the cute windshield sounding laugh the human gave out.

"Well, how do you know you don't have any?" The human spoke back, showing a bit of sarcasm himself, which made Namjoon feel a bit relived that he managed to calm the distressed human down a bit. He let out dramatic and overly over acted fake gasp that lead to them both laughing hysterically.

"I'm Kim Seokjin" the human said, still remaining a smile on his face as he reached out his hand for Namjoon to shake.

"Kim Namjoon" he said simply and reached his hand out to shake it with Seokjin.

As their hands touched, Namjoon had a mini heart attack as he noticed the Jin tenced a little at the different temperature, Seokjin's skin felt so warm and soft, he let the seconds process and he wasn't aware that Seokjin noticed how pale he was compared to himself. They soon ended up standing there, in the ally having a small talk. After a short while, Seokjin's phone started ringing. He picked it up and Namjoon could hear a distressed voice on the other end. After a quick conversation with the person on the other end, Seokjin said goodbye and started walking to the train station. Still having the weird feeling, Namjoon let it talk to him and before he knew it, he was watching Jin from afar, up on the rooftops.

>>end of flashback<<

Namjoon smiled and a small sigh left his lips, he felt like a starstruck teenager, and he knew form the bottom of his heart, that Jin was his mate, 'the one' as humans call it. As cliché as it sounded, it was true, vampires couldn't choose who their mates were, which sadly lead to the fact that some never got one.

Fate, the goddess of life, were the one that saw the perfect match for a supernatural being, the one that would stay with you till death took you part and sometimes that was indeed a human too, but the difficulty with having humans as a mate was that if the humans did not except them back, especially their supernatural state, a supernatural being would forever live in heartbreak and misery.

What made things difficult for Namjoon was that because of his constant guilt to drink human blood, he had himself created a situation in which his inner nature forced a marking on Jin, as well as the need to taste his blood.

Namjoon still shivered as the moment Yoongi had stormed into the dungeon and pushed him of Jin had come back to him. The human had looked so close to death and Namjoon felt the pain hit his heart every time he reimagined Jin's unconscious state, blood dripping down his neck from the bitemark left there, Namjoon felt sick and terrified that he'd do something like that again, so for now he had to work on his self-control. 

It hurt even more having to turn Jin away, but he only did it for Jin's own protection, he knew that Jin would wait for him, the bond told him that, but the pain of knowing he had to stay away would haunt him for along time.