[Chapter 1, An age of myths and realities mixed up]

It had been half a year since I discovered people around me now considered me to be a blessed child. Although I had underwent a bit of trouble with my name initially. It was a good thing that most people just addressed me as Padge. Although my full name was Padgett Cornelius Baerne. The first name was apparently a traditional wolf folk name. The middle name however was different, that was a human name his mother had loved ever since she was a little 'pup' as we called it among our people.

My first name I'd discovered on the first day since I woke up in this world. Padgett, I initially didn't know it ended with the double 't' at the end, hell I first heard my mother call me Padge, which was a strange abbreviation of Padgett, it's not that difficult to say one more letter on the end of a name.

It had been roughly half a year since that day I woke up in a new body. Including five years of memories I guess would not make sense to anyone else. And on top of that knowing I had already died from a lightning strike a long time ago.

And then on my fifth birthday, the same time as when 'The Incident' had occurred in my old life, I wound up waking up as a person who had merged with the wolf folk's personal Patron Deity.

As I had later learned Fenrir was not as much a Demi-God in our people's eyes but a Patron Deity who protected those he found worthy and apparently my meeting with Odin back then had made me worthy as well in this life now. Although the Odin part I could never talk about.

Or had it been my accidental summon of Fenrir on my fifth birthday in that life. The way I had been nice to him seemed to have been reflected in our next meeting, although that had been after my death and shortly before we became one person.

***

One big advantage I had to most around my age when my next birthday came around the corner was a bit more than my mother was able to handle apparently.

Since I had been raised by a Shamanistic family and retained my past life memories, I knew the basics of mana control, simple spell casting etcetera.

With my curious nature seeing I wound up in a 'fantasy world' let me to try and utilize my knowledge of magic from my old life.

And as my Mother got terribly anxious when she found me in my room actually using basic light magic of the mildest degree, using a small orb of light to illuminate the room so I could write what had been coming to mind as I tried to figure out what exactly had been going on.

In the end I managed to calm mama down when she tried to forbid me from ever using magic again. I had one advantage of having lived a life up into my early twenties before I died. I knew a bit about negotiation. And to a degree a child my age should by no means have knowledge and skill in negotiations.

Yay old job interviews, I guess.

But I still must say, being a six year old trying to get the 'right' to use your magic from your worried mother is different than trying to get an increase in paycheck. Nor is it in any way similar to haggling down the price on some stuff at a market.

We came to an agreement where I convinced her to allow me the use of magic with some restrictions. But those were more in my favor than hers.

Sorry mama, I kind of need to maintain the level of practice from my previous life if anything good is going to come from discovering this world's magic was actually physical. I thought as I had convinced her it would be a waste of Fenrir's blessing for me if I didn't use it.

But since I made such a good point about our people's Patron Deity having blessed me, she agreed to the conditions being more to safeguard her worries than to restrict me.