VOL.2 [Chapter 5, The dungeon of the mind, Part 2]

[Author's note]

With the official release date of Rebirth of Fenrir, Reincarnated as the Ancient Wolf Volume 1 as ebook on my Patreon soon available, I am proud to continue work on both writing all my works and editing Debuggin Another World VOL.1. For a $7 dollar subscription you will be able to buy Volume 1 and all future ebooks in the series which will b e downloadable for Patrons subscribed to the "Valkyrie of the Baerne Family" Tier on March 14th. The "Overpowered Protag" Tier of $25 dollars for all series together will have their early access download on February 14th. If you want to support my writing and buy the ebooks of your favorite series, or if you are a major fan of my writing and want them all, you can subscribe to the tier you wish on: https://www.patreon.com/padgevanderklift

[Roll for initiative]

[The story]

[Padge's perspective]

This was bad. We had made it into my father's subconscious mind and traversed a massive maze so far and found the first location we needed to heal.

As we were channeling our Divinity into the horrendous looking fetid growth on the wall, Alyssa was smacked back suddenly.

A monstrous beast crawled from the wall and stood before us.

"Don't let this thing bite you, if you take any damage here, your body will be just as mauled as you are here. So be careful." Seleris spoke and took a battle stance.

I focused «Thurisaz» into my left hand and drew Tyrfing from the air around me.

RHGAAuagHGR!!!

A deafening roar came from the immense mouth in the middle of the blob of... whatever the hell it was. The teeth lining the maw trembled on the air as it growled and more teeth began to pierce trough inside its mouth.

"Ah, gross!" I heard Alyssa call from behind us and she suddenly hurled a spell between me and Seleris, right into the maw of the thing.

A «Foxfyre Javelin» Flew by us and struck the creature right in its gaping maw, burning straight through the horrid, rotten looking meat, leaving it gurgling down in pain.

"Padge, now... magic won't kill these things!" Seleris shouted at me and I lunged forward cleaving my blade cleanly through the monstrous thing.

GHreEEAhArG!!!!

The 'thing' let go of a high pitched growling shriek as its flesh burned away and rotted instantly, leaving only a blackened, charred mess on the ground.

"Well let's... ah... repair this before... ah... it recovers... ghuh." Alyssa spoke, wheezing as she stood shaking from the blow she had taken as this monstrosity came from the wall.

" " "«Yera»!" " "

We each shouted the rune as we evoked it into the severely damaged wall and a thrum of white, golden light blasted from the three of us into the damaged wall.

As the bright light faded around us and drew into the wall, the damaged and cracked stone almost seemed to be a video of the stone cracking in reverse.

When the cracks had fully vanished from the wall, a shimmer of white golden light passed over it and the entire wall returned to the same smooth grey stone as the rest of the place.

"That's one marker down, next one is... this way." Seleris spoke and returned around the corner where we had come from while I reverted to my own form.

"One moment Seleris, I need to check on my wife here... didn't I tell you to keep her safe?" I scolded my sister who shrugged as she waited for me and Alyssa.