[Chapter 16, Preparations for a wedding.]

[Padge's perspective]

It was about a full bell after I had given her the papers, that I managed to fully convince Caroll that I made the right choice by making her a Countess in Yggdrasil. I personally considered her to be more than worth it, as well as Alyssa who shared my opinion.

While she sat in her chair, Caroll still wept after all this time. Tears of joy rolled down her rosy cheeks as she could barely believe what was happening to her.

Meanwhile I had called for one of the maids in the town hall and asked her to bring some tea for both Caroll and me, and a spare cup in case my wife arrived since she said she would.

The only place in Wolven Hollow where I was glad we had maids as staff to serve the members of the council... -s, now two councils. Alyssa and I didn't want them at home. But here it was useful since we could not really walk out of our business to get drinks or a quick meal. So here they were actually useful, unlike I figured they would be a nuisance in house with just Alyssa and me.

"Pardon me Milord, Lady Baerne has arrived." Gildas spoke while opening the door. "Ah Baby, how did it go at the council?" Alyssa asked once the door had been shut.

"I might have made a wording mistake and freaked our dear Caroll out. Sorry about making you think I didn't want you on the council. But it's been cleared up by now."

"Milord, Milady, I can barely believe you would make me a noble, I am no more than a simple rabbit kin who works hard for the council." Caroll retorted and I heard Alyssa whisper into the rabbit ears on Caroll's head.

After that, Caroll's eyes looked at me in amazement and Alyssa gave me a quick wink before saying, "Well since Padge and I have a lot to take care of... Caroll can you oversee the first meeting of the National Council? I think it will be good to get everyone in there acquainted with each other, without our presence."

With a proud nod, Caroll rose from and dropped back into her chair. "I did not expect this. I need to do some preparations before the meeting..." Caroll spoke over the rustling of papers while she began to work.

With a gesture with her head, Alyssa signaled for me to follow her.

"Caroll, we'll see you soon. Make sure to let your little brother know of your promotions." Alyssa put the emphasis on the plurality while she took my arm on our way out.

"You need to head to a tailor as well. But first I made sure we can get the best jeweler in town to make our rings... Come on Baby, let's hurry." With a broad smile Alyssa talked and pulled me along to Craftsman's Rise.

Our Valkyrie guards ran along and only one member could actually keep up with Alyssa, it was the Cat Folk woman who had accompanied me to the city hall, Oriana.

"Aly, slow down a bit!" I shouted when I tripped over an upturned stone in the road and Alyssa almost fell along with me, but instead kept a hold of my arm and ran along.

"Oh we're there, Skindependant." Alyssa chimed as she skidded to a halt in front of a small jeweler's store. The sign above the door indeed had the ridiculous name on it, dangling from a chain like it was a pendant itself.

But still it is one of the best jewelers in Wolven Hollow. So I can't really complain about her choice.

"You four wait outside, the store will be closed for other customers..." Alyssa told the four exhausted Valkyries that had ran along with us while she pushed open the door.

A small bell chimed at our entry from above the door.

"We made an appointment!" Alyssa yelled as we walked into the large open room with rings and necklaces in display cases. Her eye drifted to some of the bracelets gathered on a wooden rack in one of the cases near us.