[Chapter 15, Foundations for an Empire.]

[Alyssa's perspective]

After Padge and I settled the situation with me passing out and our parents had left our home, we went to sleep early.

The next morning I woke earlier and wanted Padge's body against mine, so I carefully left the bed. He didn't wake from it, luckily, even when I got back into the bed on his side.

Cuddling up to him, I lay close to Padge and could easily feel his body warmth.

As I wrapped my arm around him, I slowly began dozing off again.

[Padge's perspective]

Upon waking I missed my usual sight. Alyssa did not lie against me.

At least not cuddled up into my chest as she usually does, instead she lay spooning me. Her breasts pressing softly against my back, I could clearly feel them. "Morning baby..." She whispered right before she gave a gentle nibble on my ear.

"Morning."

My reply earned me her nails digging into my chest slightly. A soft giggle accompanied that, and I felt her rest her head on the side of mine. "You know what day is coming up?" She said teasingly.

Right the first time I'll be having that as a ruler of a country. "Right my birthday... not looking forward to it... the council will probably have some official celebration planned for that..." I muttered and felt Alyssa press her body against my back firmly.

"Then... to turn it around, what would you want from me for your birthday...?" She whispered seductively and gave me a kiss right at the base of my ear on the side of my head.

That sent a shiver of pleasure through my body.

But I could feel 'something else' responding to the sensation on my back.

I tried to think, mainly 'tried', because she kept teasing me.

Damn it body stop... at least until I decided to at least get some breakfast.

Hell here I was happy I lay on my side and not my back, if not, I would be pitching a tent right now.

I had an idea, something I had been thinking of previously. But I wanted to figure it out a bit more, although I had settled on my idea already.

"Let's get some food and talk. I have something on my mind; I think you'll like the idea." I said that while turning my head to face Alyssa, who pecked me a kiss before her nails ran softly over my chest before she sat upright.

Stretching largely, she bent her back seductively and I got out of bed, hoping to hide the 'tent' that had been pitched. But damn, she has a great body. I could not help but sneak a quick look as she sat on the bed with a teasing look on her face.

Meanwhile I got into a set of my 'casual clothes'. I guess for a Duke running a country it would be casual.

Most people in this world cannot afford these clothes in terms of price.

Or they would be the kind they wear for a fancy happening if they could.

"I'll prepare breakfast." I told Alyssa as she remained teasing me from the bed. Although something was different from how we went to bed the evening before.

[Alyssa's perspective]

Defeated, I sat on our bed after Padge had left the bedroom to make us breakfast.

Did he not notice or just not mention, but damn it.

I thought he would take the chance if I presented myself like this.

He was nervous about what the council wanted for a celebration of his birthday.