VOL.2 [Chapter 4, The dungeon of the mind.]

[Author's note]

It is finally time to announce the official release date of Rebirth of Fenrir, Reincarnated as the Ancient Wolf Volume 1 as ebook on my Patreon. For a $7 dollar subscription you will be able to buy Volume 1 and all future ebooks in the series which will b e downloadable for Patrons subscribed to the "Valkyrie of the Baerne Family" Tier on March 14th. The "Overpowered Protag" Tier of $25 dollars for all series together will have their early access download on February 14th. If you want to support my writing and buy the ebooks of your favorite series, or if you are a major fan of my writing and want them all, you can subscribe to the tier you wish on: https://www.patreon.com/padgevanderklift

[Roll for initiative]

[The story]

[Padge's perspective]

While Alyssa and I had made our final preparations for the massive healing magic that was about to take place in the Shrine, Herice kept Alina nearby for the girl's own calm.

Although Alina had been petrified with fear of Seleris and Herice as Jormungandr's male and female counterparts, her fears had been calmed a lot by the calm soothing nature of my sister... and brother.

When our Valkyries opened the door before we left the house, my Father and Mother stood with a grim expression. They too knew today was a day that would make or break their future together.

If we messed up the healing my father would start to rapidly worsen in his mental state. So both Alyssa and I had a lot of pressure on us. Everyone's luck would be that my 'brother' would be joining us as well to help in the healing.

"Father. Mother. Are you ready to go?" I asked them as they stood nervously inside our house. Alina held Herice's hand and walked nervously. Understandable after the nightmare she had last night, but I was glad she had begun to trust my brother.

"Padge, will it be alright?" My mother asked with trembling voice and Herice calmly placed a hand on her shoulder. "Lady Baerne, all will be fine, I am here to help in the healing." He spoke and my mother made a nervous nod.

"Shall we proceed to the Shrine?" I asked everyone and my parents gave me a shocked look as I mentioned the Shrine.

"Well it is the only place in Wolven Hollow where we can safely perform a healing that involves as much Divinity as this. So I informed Caroll that today was an exception for you both, Herice and Alina to enter alongside with us." I replied casually and my parents exchanged shocked glanced with each other.

"Th-this is a rare occasion indeed..." My mother mumbled as I began to lead the way down the streets to the edge of Asgard where the Shrine was positioned along with the border to the Spell Park.

As our small group made its way through the stone paved streets of Asgard, many of the nobles from the founding of Yggdrasil turned and stopped to see us moving through the area.

It was not uncommon for Alyssa, Alina and me to walk as a family on this route; we did so multiple times a week. But my parents lived off in the other direction and Herice was a figure who stood out as much a possibly could as a good looking man, and him being a rare dragonet did not make him stand out any less for that matter.

Alina had become a common sight around Asgard, even if she was not accompanied by me and Alyssa she would have Thiseï walking just behind her as the 'Imperial Babysitter'. That had become a joke she had made of her own job description though, but many of the Valkyries in service of &Yggdrasil had adopted the joke as her job.

Upon arriving at the Shrine, there stood five Valkyries with their winter wolf familiars on each side of the fence and two on either side of the door into the Shrine itself.