VOL.2 [Chapter 21, Meeting Modsognir, the First of Dwarves.]

[Alyssa's perspective]

While we had all seated ourselves, Forge King Jornit Mourning forge gave me a warm smile and asked, "How is the pregnancy going, Your Imperial Highness?"

"It goes well. I have very few of the many discomforts it might bring. Only I tire rather quickly lately. But for the most part it goes very well, but I still have five months left to go." I replied and he nodded in understanding.

"If I may offer something that is tradition amongst the dwarves?" Queen Thruna spoke and took a small metal item from a small pouch she had hanging from her hip. "This would be given to all dwarven women who have reached four months of pregnancy, a lucky charm to make sure the child is born in good health. If you would accept it as a gift from Medrus to Yggdrasil, I would truly appreciate it." She added and explained why she wished to offer the small metal item.

"I would gladly accept it." I replied politely and she rose to her feet just as I was about to. "Oh, please, remain seated. I do not wish to trouble you during your pregnancy to rise for me. I shall come to you." She said, actually sounding a lot more elderly than I was used to from her, but I did not mind it.

She had good intentions, so I nodded and remained seated next to Padge.

When Queen Thruna stood before me, she knelt on one knee and held the small, two inch long metal item before me upon her palms.

"Our gift of good fortune for the pregnant Empress." She spoke and I took the small metal item from her and examined it briefly.

It was shaped like metal piece of wheat, the grains of twisted metal being clearly recognizable as the entire thing curved around, only it was far longer than the two inches to total was, since it formed an infinity loop which it stacked on top of each other three times before the beginning and end were met in the very middle of it and somehow still seemed to be connected.

It clearly showed craftsmanship, and I personally liked the look of it. It had an interesting design and I could only smile at Queen Thruna who still knelt before me.

"Thank you, Your Highness." I replied to the gift and she took a leather strip from the same pouch and offered me to tie it to the token of good fortune, which I easily accepted from her.

With that, I hung the entire thing around my neck like a necklace. I felt the weight of the two inches press upon my breasts where it hung between them, yet still seeing how wide it was, resting on both of them.

"It looks good on you, Your Imperial Highness." King Jornit said and I smiled at him. "Thank you. But seeing the sun is soon to set, maybe we should head for the Shrine shortly." I replied, looking out one of the windows as the clouds in the distant sky took a red-purplish hue from the setting sun.

[Padge's perspective]

After we had a small meal, I advised Alyssa to remain at the Palace instead of joining me and the King and Queen of Medrus to the Shrine. That was something she reluctantly accepted from me, I did not want her to overexert herself, and she had already been walking and standing for quite some time today.

With the Palace of Gladsheim built so that the enclosed Spell Park and Shrine were only accessible from the back of the palace, I made my way with the two dwarven Royals out the back of the palace, taking a walk through our flower garden, although most flowers were starting to wilt with the soon approaching shift of seasons.

Summer was nearing its end and autumn was nigh upon us. So, I had offered the two dwarves who accompanied me a coat each, but the shook their heads. Claiming they could handle a bit of chill.

The two dwarven Royals looked around our garden with awe, with the entire thing spanning more than two football fields in either direction and was entirely hidden from the public eye, except for our flying populace, but the air around the castle was forbidden to fly in.