VOL.2 [Epilogue: Abduction.]

[Padge's perspective]

A lot of time had passed since our first family vacation to the mansion in Agral's Chikusa Prefecture. It had become an annual tradition for us to be there the first three weeks of spring.

The Akimoto units had also become well known for their skill and cooperation with the other Yggdrasil units they worked with, while still remaining dedicated units.

Seven more years had passed since Alina had joined our family and five since our first holiday in Agral.

In fact, it was already four years since I had been married to Pomae, and now we had recently celebrated Alina's fourteenth birthday.

It had been the day I had officially announced Alina to be our Court Mage. A position she found out she would get on accident, but after that, truly strived to be ready for.

But a week after that celebration, which had been the first time she had to actually attend a court celebration of her birthday, much like the ones both Alyssa and I hated, that I woke from a scream in the middle of the night.

We had a few guests from both Medrus and Agral still here.

And Alyssa woke at the same moment from that scream as I did.

We both sat upright in bed and looked at each other.

"Wasn't that Lina's voice?" Alyssa asked me and I looked at her in fear. I had the same idea of the sound of the voice.

And thus, we both bolted from our bedroom and raced to Alina's room.

As we arrived there, both the King and Queen of Medrus, Jornit and Thruna Mourningforge stood looking at our daughter's bedroom door in utter shock.

So did Xeahia Montagnon and Pomae who had also rushed over at the sound of the scream.

Valkyries were searching the room, but Alina wasn't there.

The window to her room was shattered and glass lay riddled throughout the room.

"Who... the hell did this?!" I thundered and saw Alyssa flinch next to me.

"Tell me! Where the hell is my daughter!" I shouted and one of the four Valkyries who were inspecting her room came to me, a worried expression on his face.

"We have found a ransom note, Your Majesty. It seems Ruflourus has abducted the Crown Princess and demands Yggdrasil as a nation is annulled if she is to be returned alive. This is the note, Milord." He spoke and I felt my rage burn me up.

I felt Fenrir awaken inside of me, something that had not happened like this since the entire ordeal with Ganrosia.

Smack!

Before I knew it, I had struck the Valkyrie who had given me the bad news straight into the wall behind him where he fell to the ground, unconscious.

"Who the hell... let those Ruflourus bastards... get near my daughter!?" I shouted and felt two pairs of hand on my shoulders.

"Sweetie, please calm down." Pomae spoke to me, but I could not calm down, not now my daughter was taken through force.

I would find her. I will get her back, I'll erase Ruflourus if I have to.

"This... means war..." I hissed between my teeth and called at the captain of the Valkyrie unit on site.

"Get the best of the Akimoto infiltration unit ready to leave for Ruflourus. They are to search every inch of that damned country of heathens until they find my daughter. Hand each of them a comm's unit and instruct them to contact me though it as soon as they find my daughter. Time or anything doesn't matter. As soon as they locate her, in whatever cursed city she may be, they are to inform me!" I shouted at him and heard a brief confirmation as he rushed off .