VOL.3 [Chapter 10, Assembling prosthetics.]

[Alina's perspective]

When Kilnnae and I returned to my, our office in the palace, she had been rather awkward since if offered to grow her boobs.

Not sure why? B.A.M. is in theory a lot less harmless than it sounds. And I do need someone to try out other more basic spells for it on. I mean, for one... imagine the money I could make from helping women who have a breast-complex about their small bust by simply casting a single spell to enlarge them to whatever size they want.

I had dropped down behind a secondary desk I had in my office, leaving Kilnnae confused that I didn't sit down at the one we had spent three days straight at.

"What? I'm not going to assemble this thing at my desk, I have a workbench with all my needed tools for this... riiiiight here." I replied to her confused stares and she nodded.

"Kilnn be a dear and bring me my instructions." I asked her and she nodded with a cute squeak before rushing to me with the, now ordered and marked, stack of assembly instructions.

Like that, I set to work.

First I had to unload all my new materials for this into the right drawers and boxes.

That alone took me four hours since I had given the smithy a Garage Bag I had developed myself to make sure it could hold any amount of materials I might order from him. The Garage Bag as a concept wasn't all that new or unique. In fact, they are commonly used magical items used by rich merchants and wealthy families, but the size of this specific one was.

Once all of that was finished, I looked over the first few pages of my 'pile' of instructions and began assembly.

Since the Power Core was such a complex thing to assemble, I asked Kilnnae to step back a bit.

It wouldn't be the first one to explode in my face. If it did that is.

While I worked my way through my detailed instruction, I slowly progressed through building the most powerful one to date.

Next I began to place the mechanical parts of the prosthetic and wiring them with the magic-conductor wires to make sure all the components had the correct wires in place and everything was routed through the correct paths.

Once that was all assembled onto the arm's skeleton base, I installed the Power Core and began to wire everything onto it through small indentations I had specifically ordered on the 'mount' for the Core.

With that over, I began assembly of the arm's exterior shell, which was the simplest part of assembling this thing, and yet still immensely complex.

The exterior shell was supposed to transfer the sensations of touch, temperature and pressure to the user, so it required an immensely complex spell of runes engraved into it.

That was the first step now, so I let Kilnnae go home at the end of a long day where all she could do was hand my tools when I asked for them. And even that she messed up all the time since she was completely and utterly unfamiliar with all my pliers, clippers, screwdrivers and all those other 'weird tools' as she had called them.

"Sweetie, don't make it too late, okay?" Kilnnae asked me on her way out, the black blazer she had worn when she came in for the 'interview' over her arm as she gave me a worried look.

"Don't worry, I won't..." I replied, only to mutter below my breath, "probably."

"What did you say last?" Kilnnae gave me a quizzical look making it all too clear that she heard me.

"Nothing, I need to continue engraving this though. Sorry I can't come with you." I replied hurriedly and she sighed, closing the door to my study behind her.