VOL.3 [Chapter 15, MagiTech's big reveal.]

[Alina's perspective]

The day had finally come where Dad had given permission to reveal the potential of MagiTech to the people of Yggdrasil.

For about a good month I had been seeing the soldier who had volunteered to receive the first MagiTech based prosthetic and she was doing amazingly.

While for the first week, she had some degree of trouble controlling her new, artificial arm, she soon got the hang of it and had been back in service and performing her training again.

"How does the arm feel?" I asked her as she had it outstretched before me on the desk.

"It feels good Milady. The odd numbness has since faded. I finally can feel myself touch the surfaces again as you told me I would." She replied holding back her tears.

I wanted to make sure she was both willing and ready to go 'on stage' to reveal how much MagiTech could do for people if used properly.

Had she not gotten the arm, for one, she would have never been able to do her job in the army again as she was a soldier whose weapon of choice was two handed swords.

And with her consent to be part of the 'reveal' for the potential of the technology, I was certain it would be all the more worth it to have the arm fully checked beforehand, since it was still a mechanical device and thus needed maintenance... at least, that's what Dad kept telling me.

After I finished the final inspection of the prosthetic, I nodded to her.

"Ready to reveal this to the world?" I asked her and she nodded.

We had about half a bell before I had to be on stage and give my speech before the Yggdrasil scholars' community, a group that could be vindictive and condescending should they find your developments lackluster or unwanted.

Something they faced me with all the time anyway, claiming I just rode my 'success' on Dad's shoulders as being the Crown Princess, neglecting to even consider that my entire research these days is fully self-funded by the sales of my books on MagiTech, which had them even more angry with my success once I revealed the original manuscripts to them.

But now, I was about to reveal developments on magical scholarship that they had been doing their darndest to discredit.

[Alyssa's perspective]

The time was there for Alina to take the stage. Padge, Pomae and I sat on the balcony while a massive host of both common people and scholars of Yggdrasil had gathered to hear about the new magical developments Alina had been working on for almost a year now.

As she was both the Crown Princess, the Court Mage and a renowned, if not often ridiculed scholar, there was a demand we would be present from the scholarly society of Yggdrasil.

A demand both Padge and I figured was in an attempt to better discredit her work. And knowing Lina, that was not going to have the effect they wanted.

While she stepped up, onto the stage Alina began to address the scholars who had gathered.

"Honored Scholars of Yggdrasil and all around the world of Motis, I, Alina Baerne, am here to present to you, two developments in magic that both go hand-in-hand, and will change how we as people view the magic we use.

On one end, we have always seen the limitations of magic in a way as described by our bodily limits of performing the acts of magic. Never has there been even a proper attempt at storing the vast power of magic in a container for later use other than pushing it from oneself into a crystal, but this has uses few and far in between.