VOL.3 [Chapter 6, First date.]

[Author's note]

Happy new year everyone. After my short holiday break from work, I'm back. With this chapter I am finally continuing Rebirth of Fenrir and will now alternate it with Of Gods and Men on thursdays. I hope to keep writing enjoyable stories for you all for many more years to come and it is my Patreon and Patrons that really motivate me to keep going, even more than Wattpad does alone. I hope that in the coming year my Patreon will grow more and hope to see a lot of you here from Wattpad show your love and support on my Patreon at patreon.com/padgevanderklift. I love you and appreciate the support immensely.

[Alina's perspective]

"Hm, what do engaged people do?" I muttered as Kilnnae stood a bit awkwardly next to me. Mom and Dad had already left us in the parlor, Chaezi and Crisa had gone to the Searching Blossom about half a bell ago. And as for Pomae, she was wandering somewhere a bit aimlessly.

"What's happening suddenly...? A bell ago... what happened, a bell ago I was just a commoner... now I'm suddenly a Countess and engaged to the Crown Princess... What happened to my life?"

Next to me, slowly inching away from me, was Kilnnae in utter nerves.

"I never had a boyfriend... or girlfriend, but I wanted to give love a try... now I'm suddenly engaged... why is this happening?"

She seemed really out of it, obviously. It's not nothing to go from a commoner to being a Countess and engaged to the Crown Princess. I get that much. But isn't this overreacting a little?

"But what do engaged people do!? I still don't know?" I asked, a little louder and at no-one in particular.

"Haven't you had that talk with your parents yet?"

"Oh, Big Si- erm, Pomae... what talk? And... what do engaged people do?" I asked as I turned around.

It was Pomae who had 'snuck' up on us. But then again, I wasn't paying attention that much anyway.

"Haven't you talked about the birds and the bees yet?" She asked me and I shrugged.

"I talked a lot about birds. A lot about bees as well. What they have in common. They both fly, birds do eat bees, but not the other way around. I learned a lot about them as well." I replied and Pomae pinched the bridge of her nose with two fingers.

"Not that kind of talk. And, anyway... I'm not one to talk about that." She replied and I cocked my head at her.

"What do engaged people do then?" I was getting a little annoyed that she kept dodging my question.

"As I said, I'm not one to talk about that. I've been hunting that ass." She replied and paced off, but not before giving one bit of advice over her shoulder.

"Ask your mom for that after dinner."

With that, she left me and Kilnnae alone again.

"I was sure I had a fiancé-..." "Meeheheheh" "Ah, there she is."

Right as I muttered that, Kilnnae's goat scream came from a corner, behind a pedestal with a vase on it.

"When did you run off here?" I asked her, cresting around the pedestal and found Kilnnae in a corner, huddled up into a little ball on the floor.

"When is the goat thing going to wear off?" I asked her but got only a goat scream in return.

With that I dropped down onto the ground next to her and pulled her closer. Kilnnae did stiffen up at my touch, but shortly after relaxed... a little.