VOL.2 [Chapter 29, What to do about the lamias?]

[Author's note]

If you like my work, please consider joining my Patreon for early releases for Wattpad and the fully edited books, Ebooks are already available and I need the funding to get Physical copies out, there are tiers for every series I have and an all-in-one bundle for my ebooks.

If you join my Patreon, you would help me out greatly in sustaining my writing up to a professional degree, I have the goal of selling my books and sharing the unedited versions here in Wattpad has helped me a great deal in getting my works known and out there, but as every author, I wish to make a living with doing what I love, creating stories for the world to enjoy while keeping myself fed with an income from it.

You can find my Patreon at www.patreon.com/padgevanderklift

If you want a fun chat, my discord is open for all Wattpad members as well, only the general chat and the rules are available, but feel free to join us at https://discord.gg/w66GDsg

[Padge's perspective]

Everyone looked at me in utter shock.

The breakfast table had fallen silent at my exclamation and all eyes were locked on me like the red dots from modern-day snipers.

"Ehm, let's eat first, we can converse about a solution for this later." I said awkwardly and Alyssa was the first to nod in silence.

"Let us do that..." Seleris said and silently took a bite from the grilled eggs before her.

It was far later that day, when I had someone gather all the knowledge that could be found on lamias for me and had the bundled paperwork before me.

"Your Imperial Highness, you requested these papers and tomes. I do not know why you would seek information on such a barbaric people, but I trust you have good intentions with this information." She said and I dismissed her after she had spread the books on the worktable in my study.

"A 'barbaric' people?" I muttered and heard a soft sniffle behind me.

"See? That's how they look at my precious children..." I heard Seleris say with catching voice. "Maybe you should have thought a bit better about a way to allow for lamias to reproduce together, might have saved them a rather bad name." I sneered at her and she choked up suddenly.

"Meanie!" Her voce rolled over me, but from what I knew, the lamia species had earned themselves a horrendous name for themselves.

But knowing they could not have children with another lamia, meant it made sense for the acts of rape to occur more often by their kin than others, they viewed it as utter need for survival.

"Hm, this might help me find out where the lamia went wrong?" I muttered as I opened a large four inch thick, leather-bound tome. The spine of the book had the title written in decorative letters, but the contents mattered a lot in what I was currently considering.

The history of the lamia race. That was the book I had before me now. Opening the book, I found an image of Jormungandr that, from my knowledge, did not match at all.

But reading on, I soon found a lot of information.

'When around the year seventeen-fifty-nine, the first sign of the divide between lamia and humans began to form, a sudden drop occurred in lamia populace.'

That was something that had me somewhat worried, the year mentioned, was right in the middle of the Great Ruflourus War. So how did Ruflourus even come to the idea of using lamias as weapons?

As I read on I found distressing details.

"Up until the year seventeen-forty-eight, there was no limit to lamia relationships with other races, it was when initially Ruflourus made romantic or sexual relationships with lamias illegal that the first signs of the oncoming divide began to form. Years later, the fact that lamia birthrates had vanished, meant there was a reason why the lamia populace rather almost solely pursued romantic relationships outside of the lamia culture, but this has yet to be verified.