VOL.2 [Chapter 30, Holiday plans.]

[Author's note]

A little heads-up for the bunch of bonus chapters I release today. If you all want to see this happen again, there are two ways to accomplish that.

1 is to get my Wattpad follower count to 150.

2 is to get my Patreon to 10 Patrons.

With each of those accomplished, I will release bonus chapters for all my works again, so on the horizon are two more of these bonus batches. I will in the future opt for doing this again occasionally.

If you like my work, please consider joining my Patreon for early releases for Wattpad and the fully edited books, Ebooks are already available and I need the funding to get Physical copies out, there are tiers for every series I have and an all-in-one bundle for my ebooks.

If you join my Patreon, you would help me out greatly in sustaining my writing up to a professional degree, I have the goal of selling my books and sharing the unedited versions here in Wattpad has helped me a great deal in getting my works known and out there, but as every author, I wish to make a living with doing what I love, creating stories for the world to enjoy while keeping myself fed with an income from it.

You can find my Patreon at www.patreon.com/padgevanderklift

If you want a fun chat, my discord is open for all Wattpad members as well, only the general chat and the rules are available, but feel free to join us at https://discord.gg/w66GDsg

[Alyssa's perspective]

Little Matt was a week old by now. I sat feeding him in the main parlor, Alina right next to me, a beaming smile on her face as she looked at her baby brother with proud eyes.

Across from me, sat my 'competitor', although that is a cruel way of putting it, Pomae Mosswolf is a potential member of the family if she manages to convince him within a year since she came here. But she too smiled at the sight of the small child in my arms.

His hair was beginning to grow and held a lush blond glow to it. His ears, the second pair that is, were small compared to both Padge's wolf ears, and especially compared to my fox ears.

His tail had an odd curve to it, and yet held a fluffy and healthy coat of the same blond fur. He had features from both me and Padge as I would say, his ears are closer to Padge's in size, but mine in color.

"Do you think he is going to be a wolf folk when he grows up or a fox kin?" Pomae asked me curiously and I looked up at her from my baby as he lay in my arms, just finished eating.

"I'm not sure, Padge said he might even be a new kind of beast folk. I mean, we have never seen a blond wolf folk before, neither a fox kin with such small ears and such. I'm actually not sure, but he is healthy, that is the most important for me." I replied with a smile and she nodded.

[Alina's perspective]

I sat next to Mommy while she was feeding little Matthew, my new baby brother. I simply remained looking at him, his peaceful face. The expression of utter innocence and unawareness of the terror I felt the past night again.

I had the same horrible nightmare again, waking up in a cold sweat again.

Stuck in a room, keeping me unable to move as I lay on the ground amidst a magic formation that keeps both my body numbed and my magic weakened.

Outside the dark room I am stuck in, during that nightmare, I hear the constant howling of wolves, screams of people and other sounds that should not be in the dreams of a child.